Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Piles!

(7 Posts)
fifitot Sun 11-Jan-09 18:04:39

Aaagh! Sorry if tmi but think I've got them, or one to be precise. Sore and itchy. Had them when pg so know the signs. Not looked - couldn't bear to!

Anyone suggest either some over the counter thing or natural remedy please? Soon?

Ouch!

cocolepew Sun 11-Jan-09 18:06:32

Any pile cream should work, when putting it on, with your finger try to push the pile up. It does work!

Elibean Sun 11-Jan-09 19:09:55

Any cream with hydrocortisone in it (AnusolH, eg) works for me, those without it do nothing at all!

rebelmum72 Sun 11-Jan-09 19:15:38

Bath with camomile in it is v. soothing.
And going on an all-porridge diet for a day or two grin

Tip: do not put camomile teabags into running water in bath as they will BURST and you will end up with something that looks like pondweed. Instead, seep bags in hot water in separate bowl and then add to bath. Here speaks the Voice of Experience wink

likessleep Sun 11-Jan-09 19:20:54

I like the Anusol suppositories. Manky to do, but they really helped me.
Clingfilm around finger blush

BlaDeBla Sun 11-Jan-09 19:47:33

They say to drink enough liquid and eat enough fibre so you don't get constipated. Ouchsad you poor thing. You can get stronger stuff from the doc if OTC things don't work. I've had mine injected. Yumgrin

fifitot Sun 11-Jan-09 19:49:15

Thanks. Thing is I'm not constipated. Just think of all my pelvic floor and around is shot after childbirth tbh. Should have done my exercises.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now