Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Blood in babies nappy - should I be worried?

(4 Posts)
ragtaggle Wed 30-Mar-05 10:25:50

My dh has just called from home where he is looking after our seventeen month old dd. He is worried because he has just found a small amount of blood coming out of her vagina even though she doesn't appear to have nappy rash. She seems absolutely fine in every other respect - is in very good spirits in fact. Does anyone have any experience of this? How worried should we be?

fuzzywuzzy Wed 30-Mar-05 10:31:02

I had this with dd1 but it happened when she was a few days old. MW said it was a pseudo period, due to all my hormones in her body..... dunno if it's still applicable quite so far down the line though... Could you ring your GP and make an appointment or ring NHS direct???

pabla Wed 30-Mar-05 10:47:25

I would definitely get it checked out. Don't want to alarm you but a friend's dd had vaginal bleeding (when she was about 5 I think) and it turned out to be an ovarian cyst. Be warned that if you take her to see a health professional they will probably have to rule out sexual abuse as a cause but if you go in knowing they might check for this (and I assume they would be discreet) it should be less upsetting for all concerned.

LIZS Wed 30-Mar-05 12:05:34

Could she have a UTI or have scratched herself

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now