Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

how long should a bad cold last?

(7 Posts)
Caligula Wed 30-Mar-05 08:50:59

I've had this terrible cold for about 13 days now. I am sitting her feeling as wretched and unhealthy as I was a week ago. I don't have a temperature, so it's unlikely to need anti-biotics, but I feel absolutely flaked out and ill. Is there any point going to the doctor, or would that just be a waste of time?

ks Wed 30-Mar-05 09:00:49

Message withdrawn

SPARKLER1 Wed 30-Mar-05 09:09:29

You poor thing - I can totally sympathise with you. I am on day 7 of mine. Better than I was but still have blocked ears and nose and absolutely no energy at all. Get well soon.

Caligula Wed 30-Mar-05 09:15:18

I am still totally bunged up, feel like going to bed, not helped by idiotic conversation with idiotic mother, but I've still got to work because next week I might not be able to (kids will be back from mother's)

Don't remember that blow monkeys one!

bologna Wed 30-Mar-05 09:28:26

Message withdrawn

Caligula Wed 30-Mar-05 09:37:54

Yeah, it's sod's law, isn't it?!

Caligula Wed 30-Mar-05 12:54:55

Quick update to say thank you to KS for telling me to get it checked out - it turns out to be a chest infection so it needs anti-biotics - if I hadn't posted and got that response I'd have sat here suffering for another couple of days, probably!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now