Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Pak choi to the world - the gourd is come! 10/10 thread

(985 Posts)
FrannyandZooey Tue 06-Jan-09 17:48:13

For anyone who wants a boost to their general health. The suggested goals are:

EAT 10 PORTIONS OF FRUIT AND VEGETABLES EVERY DAY - if you don't usually eat much fruit and veg I would build up gradually or you could upset your digestion.

DO (AT LEAST) 10 MINUTES OF EXERCISE EVERY DAY - can be yoga, stretching or something more energetic. The plan is that the idea of doing 10 minutes is not too daunting, and having started you may well find you want to do more.

There are no restrictions on what you eat so long as you get your 10 fruit and veg as well. The focus is not on weight loss but on improving our energy levels and hopefully our general mood and well-being. Sign up below and post here to tell us how you're getting on and how you are feeling.

Basic guidance on what constitutes a portion of fruit and veg here and you can download more detailed information by following the link at the very bottom of the page

FrannyandZooey Tue 06-Jan-09 17:50:48

well christmas has only just finished
and it made me laugh

naswm Tue 06-Jan-09 17:56:28

I LOVE the title

Cant contribute to the thread today though as hardly eaten a thing and only drank one glass of crabnerry juice and two glasses of wine so far...

IdrisTheDragon Tue 06-Jan-09 17:57:17

Marks place in thread. Not sure exactly what with though

NotanOtter Tue 06-Jan-09 17:57:28

i am feeling even MORE rubbish now that i realise my sneaking the seeds in has been vetoed blush

so far toady folks mine is a big fat zero - but that is because rather like bats etc i do my eating at night hmm

Franny so glad your mum is better

FYBOGEL is the name of those sachets although they are not the worlds most amazing 'mover' they do taste pleasant unlike lactulose which is the drink of the devil

naswm Tue 06-Jan-09 17:59:04

Who is that calling me a toad? hmm wink

RiaParkinson Tue 06-Jan-09 17:59:47

Might consider a namechange to this btw so if you see it you know its me!

RiaParkinson Tue 06-Jan-09 18:00:18

whoops!

naswm Tue 06-Jan-09 18:01:06

LOVE the name change!

ILikeToMoveItMoveIt Tue 06-Jan-09 18:01:33

Good title, how on earth do you think of them?

grapefruit
pear
banana
cauliflower
carrot
hummus
gherkins
salad
tomatoes
apple

IdrisTheDragon Tue 06-Jan-09 18:02:35

On a completely unrelated theme, does anyone know anything about noses and how much force a 3 year old has to land on you with to actually do harm?

And is a crunch as she lands bad? No blood, not agony, ust still painful 6 hours later.

naswm Tue 06-Jan-09 18:03:28

lemur - you are a girly swot!

idris - oucheroony!

RiaParkinson Tue 06-Jan-09 18:06:03

idris yow! where was the crunch?

IdrisTheDragon Tue 06-Jan-09 18:07:32

Not a really loud crunch - sort of crumbly. It was on right hand side of nose

naswm Tue 06-Jan-09 18:08:53

is it still straight?

IdrisTheDragon Tue 06-Jan-09 18:13:08

Seems to be. Just a bit swollen (although not sure what shape it is normally). DS (5) looked and said it was a bit lumpy lol

ILikeToMoveItMoveIt Tue 06-Jan-09 18:13:56

I prefer the term lick arse to girly swot grin

Idris - ouch, that sounds painful.

naswm Tue 06-Jan-09 18:14:20

dont trust 5yo DSs to be helpful in these matters!

arnica?

might count as one of your 10 a day? <ducks>

SuperBunny Tue 06-Jan-09 18:19:36

Good title.

Welcome Sunshine (from old thread). Eat prunes. They will unconstipate you AND count towards your ten. I think peaches, plums and pears help. It's the 4 'p's.

Idris, is DD ok? I don't know anything about noses.

Since Franny felt the need for a proclamation, I want to do one too: POTATOES DON'T COUNT and I don't think coconuts do but I don't know why.

Am glad your mum is better, fran.

I am going to find a mood chart - I can never correlate my emotions to anything but I suspect there is a link

I'm going to get 10 today and have had a bit of exercise.

So far:

carrot
Cabbage
raisins
sultanas
juice

naswm Tue 06-Jan-09 18:22:37

I thought it was your nose idris, not DD nose <embarassed now>

sinkingfast Tue 06-Jan-09 18:25:09

Now, I have seen these threads around and about for a while - can I creep in and see what it's all about?

IdrisTheDragon Tue 06-Jan-09 18:25:34

It is my nose [pained emoticon]. I was on the sofa and DD launched herself at me. She hurt her cheekbone a bit but is fine.

FrannyandZooey Tue 06-Jan-09 18:26:16

potatoes don't count
sweet potatoes do
coconuts - oh i don't care
have em

FrannyandZooey Tue 06-Jan-09 18:26:56

sinkingfast do you drink diet coke? do you like nuts? i am vetting everyone

naswm Tue 06-Jan-09 18:27:30

talking of noses, ds2 once jumped at me and gave me such an instant nosebleed he got it in his hair!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now