Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

any ideas on this rash?

(7 Posts)
nightowl Tue 29-Mar-05 21:10:45

ds (7) i noticed, had a rash last night, very red cheeks, slightly raised little spots and a very faint pink rash on his stomach. he was playing in the garden for ages yesterday and i had cut the grass. (dont know if thats anything to do with it). today he came down with what seems like a cold and the rash is back. is it some kind of hayfever type thing or something hes been rolling around in on the lawn? and if so what can i give him? his poor little eyes are streaming although he says the rash doesnt itch!

Laylasmum Tue 29-Mar-05 21:12:40

could well be an allergy type thing especially with the running eyes. you can given him some anti histamine , i know that piriton syrup can be given to kids over one but it makes them drowsy, talk to a pharmacist , they'll be able to recommend something else!!

JanH Tue 29-Mar-05 21:13:11

Um - IME it could well be, nightowl. DS1 has v sensitive/eczema-ish skin, generally controlled with cortisone and other greases, but this week he played football on grass for the first time this year and has red spots everywhere, as he always does in the circs!

Do you have any itch creams or antihistamines?

nightowl Tue 29-Mar-05 21:17:13

i have got antihisamines but am reluctant to give it, hes got ashma so not sure what hes supposed to have/not to have.

JanH Tue 29-Mar-05 21:18:27

Ring NHS Direct for advice re antihistamines? (Do you have number? I don't but will look for you if you like?)

JanH Tue 29-Mar-05 21:20:03

website here

Phone 0845 4647

nightowl Tue 29-Mar-05 22:45:15

thanks jan, have put some baby lotion on him for now and will give them a ring in morn if hes still all spotty!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now