Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

does cystitus come with slight bleeding?

(9 Posts)
helsi Tue 29-Mar-05 20:36:33

all day today I have been stinging when weeing and when I wiped earlier there was a bit of slight blood. I have been drinking water all day (now on 10th pint). How long shall I leave it before I go to chemist.

mummytosteven Tue 29-Mar-05 20:37:33

i think that blood when you wipe can be an early sign of a UTI so I would probably go to docs tomorrow if possible to get that checked out (unless you make a lightning overnight recovery)

helsi Tue 29-Mar-05 20:40:38

UTI?

TinyGang Tue 29-Mar-05 20:43:38

Oooh, yes bleeding can happen if it's getting bad. Poor you, I know how horrible it can be.

Keep on with the drinking - could try some lemon barley or some cranberry juice too. I'd get to the chemist quickly and if you can and also make a doctors appointment. If whatever you get from the chemist doesn't work, you might need antibiotics and you don't want to hang about waiting to see a doctor (you can always cancel if you don't need it). Also a hot water bottle on your tummy might ease it a bit if you're uncomfortable.

Hope you feel better soon.

Marina Tue 29-Mar-05 20:44:06

Go to the GP. The blood could be coming from an irritated urethra (UTI = urinary tract infection).
It's not serious serious but in my experience of cystitis it usually means a "real" infection needing antibiotics. Once I've started passing a little blood it usually means I'm beyond Cystemme/Cymalon etc.
Hope you feel better soon helsi. If you've never had cystitis before, you've done well...it's very common. And painful but clears up very quickly with ABs.

mummytosteven Tue 29-Mar-05 20:44:14

urinary tract infection

helsi Tue 29-Mar-05 20:48:26

thanks everyone. Might give it a day or two as its first day back at work tomorrow and already leaving at lunchtime for dentist then backin afternoon so don't want to be leaving early. Might try for Frioday if it continues.

only been a bit of blood once today - the other times I've been there has been none.

melon1 Tue 29-Mar-05 20:55:42

Helsi I would definately go the doctors - if you have cystitis and it's not getting better through drinking cranberry juice etc. you probably need antibiotics - also, not to worry you, but I had cystitis ages ago and didn't want to bother the doctor with it, had to in the end because I started to pass blood, and he told me that if you leave cystitis too long it can lead to a kidney infection.

jampots Tue 29-Mar-05 20:57:21

i had bleeding when I had cystitis - most painful and felt utterly crap. See a doc asap and make sure you drink plenty (inc Cranberry juice)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now