Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

So- I either have an allergy or a viral rash.....how do I decide?

(8 Posts)
KatyMac Mon 05-Jan-09 20:51:03

It's on my cheeks, jaw (particularly) & neck It's very hot & red

So do I wait it out or take a piriton & see if it goes?

I am suceptable to both viral rashes & allergies - so I am leaning towards pirton as if it is allergy it will go away.....if it's viral rash it might reduce itching - so that has got to be win/win? hmm

KatyMac Mon 05-Jan-09 21:07:15

Could it be delayed sunburn - I was in the sun until about 2 pm yesterday & it came up about 4pm today?

or maybe prickly heat?

KatyMac Mon 05-Jan-09 21:26:48

no-one?

piriton here I come

KatyMac Tue 06-Jan-09 08:31:54

OK rash is now on face, neck, boobs & belly which throws the sun burn out the window....my belly got nowhere near the sun grin

megandtyler Tue 06-Jan-09 21:08:22

take the piriton it could be hives have a cool bath that should help

KatyMac Tue 06-Jan-09 21:57:27

Do hives go where the sun didn't? I thought they didn't (IYSWIM)- and it appeared about 28hrs after last sight of sun

Bath & piriton are helping - but I now have manky throat & thrush to contend with

I think my body just said - 'stuff you, going on holiday to make everything better, I'll teach you' hmm?

megandtyler Wed 07-Jan-09 09:21:06

hives appear anywhere and everywhere!!! can also appear for no reason if you are stressed

KatyMac Wed 07-Jan-09 16:41:30

All slowly going leaving behind very dry scaly skin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now