Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

MINADEX - anyone used it?

(9 Posts)
Socci Tue 29-Mar-05 15:05:40

Message withdrawn

Tommy Tue 29-Mar-05 15:24:19

I give it to my DS1 because he has a really small appetite and hardly eats anything. When he's ill, he eats even less. My Mum and MIL both suggested it and normally I'd disagree with anything they suggest on principle but sometimes, I feel it helps with DS1's appetite and for boosting his iron levels. Could be wrong but he's very tall, within the right weight centiles and seems to have enough energy. You could have a chat with the pharmacist about it and then go armed with information to your Mum!

logic Tue 29-Mar-05 15:25:22

I tried to give it to ds but it tastes revolting so I didn't blame him for refusing it! According to the bottle, it is an orange flavour tonic with vits A & D + iron. Supposed to build children up fast. If they can clamp their jaws shut hard enough for you to not be able to get the spoon in, then they are probably healthy enough anyway

Socci Tue 29-Mar-05 15:38:36

Message withdrawn

saadia Tue 29-Mar-05 15:45:40

Years ago my mother gave it my brother who was really skinny and hardly ate anything - though he was very active. Almost overnight his appetite increased and I remember making fun of the huge amounts he began to eat. In my family we all had very small appetites. Now I give it to my ds when he is unwell, but I haven't noticed any change in his appetite - just makes me feel better to know he is getting some vits/mins.

Kayleigh Tue 29-Mar-05 15:48:12

My friend husband is a pharmasict. He recommended it for ds1 after a particularly nasty bout of sickness as ds1 wasn't eating and was very lethargic. He picked up really quickly after taking this. Seem to remember mixing it with some orange juice so it tasted better.

sunnyskies Tue 29-Mar-05 17:53:41

I tried to give it to DD on pharmacy recommednation but she said it was disgusting and refused to open her mouth! gave up - it was more distressing tryingto make her take it than her small appetite IYKWIM

pleaserewind Tue 29-Mar-05 18:12:03

i give it to ds2 all the time as he hardly eats anyhing.

Tommy Tue 29-Mar-05 21:21:33

I put it in DS's milk - he doesn't know about it

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now