Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Friends pregnant girlfriend is in intensive care :(

(62 Posts)
kid Tue 29-Mar-05 10:52:05

DH's friends girlfriend is a week overdue with their first baby. She was rushed into hospital yesterday after collapsing and put in intensive care. She isn't getting enough oxygen to her brain but they can't deliver the baby until she stabilizes. They think she may have a blood clot and are carrying out tests today. I hope they are both ok. Her poor boyfriend doesn't know if he is coming or going. He is beside himself with worry as he thinks he will loose both of them

Titania Tue 29-Mar-05 10:54:21

{{{HUGS}}} Hope it all turns out ok.

catgirl Tue 29-Mar-05 10:55:52

how awful. Hope all goes well (sounds inadequate, but I am sure you know what I mean).

Newbarnsleygirlsinsaneknickers Tue 29-Mar-05 10:57:10

Oh dear.

Hope they will both be ok.
Lots of hugs {{{{}}}}

mummytosteven Tue 29-Mar-05 11:19:04

how awful. hope that they do OK.

GeorginaA Tue 29-Mar-05 12:41:01

Oh god, the stuff of nightmares I really hope they're both okay. Will you give us an update, kid?

piffle Tue 29-Mar-05 12:45:54

huge hugs what a terrifying ordeal
sending prayers and strength and good luck
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

kid Tue 29-Mar-05 14:22:19

Still haven't heard anything. Hoping no news is good news.

Kayleigh Tue 29-Mar-05 14:24:52

This is just awful . I keep checking back to see if there is any news kid. I hope it all turns out ok.

coppertop Tue 29-Mar-05 14:52:36

Oh no. Fingers crossed that this story will have a happy ending. xxx

Hulababy Tue 29-Mar-05 20:03:00

Hope all is okay. Any more news?

kid Tue 29-Mar-05 20:27:44

No news yet, DH tried to phone him but his mobile was switched off. I assume he was at the hospital. Hopefully DH will be able to contact him tomorrow. I can't understand why they haven't done a c-section so they can treat mum and baby seperately, just keeping our fingers crossed that she has regained consciousness and they got test results back.

coppertop Wed 30-Mar-05 13:14:42

Any more news yet? Still keeping fingers crossed here.

kid Wed 30-Mar-05 15:15:23

Still nothing. I phoned DH up and asked if he has heard anything but he hasn't.
I told him that he should have phoned as I am waiting to know!

I am hoping its a good sign that we haven't heard anything but its worrying just the same.

I promise as soon as I hear anything I'll let you know.

lucykatie Thu 31-Mar-05 22:03:18

any news yet.

kid Thu 31-Mar-05 22:06:52

no. I can't believe we still haven't heard anything. When he first contacted us, it sounded really urgent, I can't understand why he hasn't been in touch. We don't have a home phone number just a mobile. He works with DH and was due in work on Wednesday but obviously, wasn't expected to be there.

handlemecarefully Thu 31-Mar-05 22:14:49

Kid,

I hope you get some positive news soon...[supportive and hopeful emoticon]

helsi Thu 31-Mar-05 22:15:22

can you leave a message on mobile saying howconcerned you are and a quick call would help?

hunkermunker Thu 31-Mar-05 22:16:21

Have been hoping for good news on this thread - really hope you hear something soon kid and that no news really is good news.

handlemecarefully Thu 31-Mar-05 22:16:27

Just thought - your dh's friend is probably going through living hell and probably has had no sleep, not been back home yet etc etc. Could you ring the Intensive care ward and ask to speak to the Nurse in charge to see if your dh's friend needs anything ( a change of clothes / food brought in / some company etc)

kid Thu 31-Mar-05 22:21:56

If we don't hear anything tomorrow, I am going to insist on leaving a message on his mobile or even sending a text. If he isn't up to talking at the moment, he might at least send a message back to put us in the picture.

I'm sure he'd be touched that so many people are thinking of them.

I hadn't thought about contacting the hospital, will look into that but will feel a bit stupid if they say mum and baby left hospital already, (although that would be lovely to hear!)

lucykatie Thu 31-Mar-05 22:23:50

please keep us posted.

kama Thu 31-Mar-05 22:24:59

Message withdrawn

pupuce Thu 31-Mar-05 22:26:50

Kid - please don't take this the wrong way but if he hasn't been in touch it's because he can't or doesn't want to... why do you have to know what's going on? beside the fact that of course you are concerned but in what way does it help him that you are trying to get to know what's happening.
Please acccept my apology if this is not an appropriate comment to make... it's just that I have been with this situation and space is often needed....

kid Thu 31-Mar-05 22:29:38

I understand Pupuce that he may not want to speak and that he may need space. I just want to know they are all ok. I would prefer not to speak to him as it can be hard to know what to say but at the same time, we are concerned.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now