Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Why am i bleeding?

(17 Posts)
spod Sun 27-Mar-05 21:12:51

I'm not due on for another 2 weeks, but yesterday started bleeding... have some cramps too but not as bad as my normal period cramps, and blood loss not as heavy either. Whats going on? DD is 17 months, still bf once a day, but she was feeding 5 times a day for a week or so just recently when she was ill. could it be this? bit baffled.

helsi Sun 27-Mar-05 21:39:08

not really sure but it could be early period or could you be pg?

spod Sun 27-Mar-05 21:45:30

it would be a really early period, and thats never happened before, very regular... actually around 10 days ago i did say to dh that i felt pregnant again... but that could be just tiredness. Since i am not due on yet is it pointless to do a test... or if I am pregnant i guess this is a miscarriage then?

helsi Sun 27-Mar-05 21:46:33

no - might be implantation bleeding. Are you still bleeding?

spod Sun 27-Mar-05 21:48:26

yes still bleeding, bright red blood . how heavy would an implantation bleed be though?

helsi Sun 27-Mar-05 21:49:50

sorry I don't know what advice to give now - maybe someone else can advise you - will try and find out some more info.

helsi Sun 27-Mar-05 21:50:53

implantation bleeding is usually light and lasts a few days.

spod Sun 27-Mar-05 21:58:06

but that wouldnt be bright red blood?

Tipex Sun 27-Mar-05 22:27:11

spod, at 2 weeks before your period is due it sounds like an ovulation bleed. some women get this every month, others only once ever and it can vary from a slight show to a full blown bleed with pain. nothing to worry about, totally normal and you should have a normal period in 2 weeks providing you're not pregnant!

spod Sun 27-Mar-05 22:32:21

have recalculated and period is prob due in a week, not 2

megandsoph Sun 27-Mar-05 22:42:05

Spod I had this when PG with DD2 really sounds as though u could be too. the blood was also "bright red" too but mine was quite heavy and also around two weeks before normal date.

gingernut Sun 27-Mar-05 23:28:35

Unlikely to be an ovulation bleed - sounds too heavy and since you've done your recalculation, timing probably not right. May be implantation or could just be a mid cycle bleed - I used to get these quite frequently, they would start around 1-2 weeks before my period and would last almost up to the period, although the bleeding was not heavy (could be bright red though). I've had an implantation bleed and mistook it at the time for one of these mid-cylce bleeds, so I guess it was similar but can't remember exactly. Mid-cycle bleeding should really be checked out - although probably not worth it if it turns out to be a one-off. I had a hysteroscopy (where they insert an endoscope into your uterus under GA) but nothing was found and the bleeding just stopped after a few cycles - eventually put it down to stress.

spod Mon 28-Mar-05 21:14:39

so, say if it is an implantation bleed... when should i take a test? How long does a bleed last.... i'm still bleeding

gingernut Mon 28-Mar-05 21:27:39

IIRC, implantation bleed would start about 7 days after ovulation/conception, so you could take a test around 7 days after that, i.e. when your period is due (earlier with some tests such a First Response which claim to work 3 days before your period is due).

Can't remember how long my implantation bleed lasted, sorry.

megandsoph Mon 28-Mar-05 22:45:14

my lasted the same time as a normal period an had a feeling I was pg although had been on the pill so did tests all bloody week till yup sunday came and so did the line

spod Tue 29-Mar-05 20:34:55

stopped bleeding now... it lasted 2 days... still baffled, def not a period....guess i should get a test next week then

megandsoph Mon 04-Apr-05 08:43:06

spod any news yet hun???

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now