Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Really bad cough and pregnant is there anything I can have?

(10 Posts)

Message withdrawn

whothefuckgivesafuck Sun 21-Dec-08 15:03:54

Have you tried inhaling steam? That can reduce the amount you cough by loosening up anything down there.

Sorry, am also suffering the same but not pg, it must be horrid sad

Message withdrawn

Message withdrawn

whothefuckgivesafuck Sun 21-Dec-08 15:13:49

God no not wimpy at all

I remember having similar when pg, it was like a living hell. Honestly I know exactly what you mean.

I wish I could help is all.
Getting an actual bowl of boiling water, towel over your head, breathe deeply for about 5 mins and you might get a better effect. Be careful of bump with the water though!! xx

whothefuckgivesafuck Sun 21-Dec-08 15:14:40

paracet also meant to suppress cough a bit...it's not as good as codeine but hey smile

Yorkiegirl Sun 21-Dec-08 15:15:00

Message withdrawn

Message withdrawn

Overtiredmum Sun 21-Dec-08 18:33:13

My Boots gave me a Glycerin and Blackcurrant Linctus and said completely safe, have been taking it for the last week (am 20 weeks pg).

believer07 Sun 21-Dec-08 19:21:31

I had the flu when i was 4 months preganant and was coughing so much that I could not talk and had loads of trouble speaking. I probably would not take it now, but the doctor prescribed me codiene linctus and only allowed me one teaspoon when it was very bad, well it knocked me out and worked really well. But as I say it was prescribed and I probably would not take it again if I was preg.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now