Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Feeling really ill - missing party with dds :-(

(6 Posts)
SPARKLER1 Fri 25-Mar-05 15:51:15

I have been feeling giddy all week - put it down to my crazy weekend in Magaluf. Have woken up this morning feel so rough. I'm shivering, sweating, chesty cough, sore throat, itchy ears??, headache and I'm losing my voice. There's a lot of cold type things going round at the moment and looks like I've picked it up.
DDs have gone to a birthday party this afternoon in fancy dress - dh has taken them. I was so looking forward to going as the parents are good friends of mine.

blueteddy Fri 25-Mar-05 15:54:46

Oh poor you SPARKLER.
This is all you need right now.
Get yourself up to bed with a lemsip!

SPARKLER1 Fri 25-Mar-05 15:57:08

I'm on the lemsips. Am sitting in bed with the laptop. Daren't get up as I feel like I'm going to fall over. Oh pants!!

SPARKLER1 Fri 25-Mar-05 15:58:30

I keep apologising to dh as he looked after the girls all last weekend while I was living it up abroad. He's having to sort them out again now. He doesn't look very happy but when I ask he says that he's fine and just wishes I would rest up instead of him having to nag me to.

blueteddy Fri 25-Mar-05 16:03:08

It is so hard when you feel like that & you are too weak to look after the kids isn't it?
I had the worst flu ever last year, when I was in the middle of my really low spell & was bed bound for 10 days.
I had to rely on my DH, Mum & MIL to take care of my kids because I was too weak to get out of bed.
I think that when you are suffering with stress, you are more prone to getting ill, as your immune system suffers.
Hope you are feeling better soon.

SPARKLER1 Fri 25-Mar-05 16:09:22

Need to sleep again - chat later.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now