Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Homeopathic remedies

(5 Posts)
assumpta Thu 24-Mar-05 20:21:59

Can i travel with no worries to the united states carrying remedies. do you know what i need to do, declare etc????

mamadadawahwah Thu 24-Mar-05 20:37:27

I travel regular to states and canada and never declare homeopathic remedies. They arent a drug so need to declare it.

assumpta Thu 24-Mar-05 20:43:24

Mamadadawahwah, thank you so much for replying. i will be taking them in my hand luggage, so if anyone wants to check that, it is obviously fine with me, i just didn't know what to do when we arrived at customs etc. do they ask if we have anything to declare, and if so do i just go on my merry way?

mamadadawahwah Thu 24-Mar-05 21:16:04

Just hop along bunny, you dont have to declare homeopathic remedies. Its like declaring pepper or salt. Obviously, if you are bringing in cartloads of the stuff, they will wonder what you are doing and make you pay tax on it or something, but if its just remedies for your personal use, you dont need to declare that. They arent fda registered, they arent a drug and in the estimation of most american doctors, are simply a placebo and dont work!! We of course, know differently.

assumpta Thu 24-Mar-05 21:31:05

Thank you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now