Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

hair falling out

(5 Posts)
BellaVictoria Thu 24-Mar-05 17:14:02

I'm like a cat/dog...shedding all over!! Anyone gobe through the same? maybe breastfeeding?

jackeroo Thu 24-Mar-05 17:15:20

yes - happened to me a few months after giving birth. i think it's all the extra hair you grew when pregnant and hormonal coming out... it was amazing how much!

SeaShells Thu 24-Mar-05 17:26:08

Yes this happened to me a few weeks after both babies, I was worried it was due to stress but it's very common apparently. I couldn't believe how much was coming out in huge clumps, very scary!

Blossomhill Thu 24-Mar-05 17:28:07

Yes and to me, for about a year after giving birth. hairs everywhere, in the bath, on my pillow, carpet, you name it. It did stop though.

Pinotmum Thu 24-Mar-05 17:49:25

I lost lots of hair about 4 months after giving birth with both of mine. I hardly lost any hair when pregnant and it was long and lovely and then it all fell out It did grow back though otherwise I would look like that Rossi bloke from status quo with the widows peak and ponytail (no sidies though).

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: