Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Chest infection or long standing virus?

(2 Posts)
jasperc163 Wed 17-Dec-08 17:27:32

I am 24 weeks pregnant and have been suffering from a chesty cough since early Nov (with intermittent low level temp).

I held out for a while as i didnt want to take antibiotics but was finally given amoxycillin in 2nd half of Nov. It got a bit better but didnt go and then got worse so last week I started on erythromycin (sp?). Obviously during this time i have been consuming far more paracetamol than I am happy with too.

Today is last day of AB's and cough has not gone (though I am in a better state than when i started on them). Is this likely to mean that it really is a virus that has just been going on for weeks and weeks (7) and it will shift on its own eventually?

thanks

VirginBoffinMum Thu 18-Dec-08 14:23:24

This might be a daft suggestion but it's not mild asthma is it? This happened to a friend of mine.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: