Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Do I take them to the docs or free the 2 emergency appts i've got.......

(6 Posts)
swiperfox Thu 24-Mar-05 14:00:37

DS (9 months) has had a series of coughs colds and ear infections over the last few weeks and over the last 2 days has had a temp of just over 100, been generally lethargic and obviously feeling crappy. Still had a temp this morning but has just eaten lunch and seems a bit livlier.

DD woke up crying with a sore ear last night but is fine today and has gone off to school.

I booked them each an emergency appt this morning for 5.00 but I dont want to waste them esp just before the long weekend - do you think i'm justified in getting them checked out?!?!

hewlettsdaughter Thu 24-Mar-05 14:01:20

worth getting them checked out if you are at all worried - it'll be harder to see a doc over the easter weekend.

Yorkiegirl Thu 24-Mar-05 14:05:49

Message withdrawn

jamiesam Thu 24-Mar-05 14:12:57

Just been to our drs - surgery closed Friday to Monday inclusive. It's a long wait if you change your mind tomorrow!

Also, reason I went is for ds2 (18mths) who has sort of low grade ear infection. Turns out his infection is in ear canal (not inner ear) so not a painful as you'd expect (hence lack of symptoms other than grumbliness and heck of a lot of 'gunk'. If that's what your two have, might explain general good spirits - but might still need/justify anti-b's.

Ds2 is on his second lot of anti-b's and I'm glad that by the next time the surgery is open, he'll be close to finishing the prescripion.

Chandra Thu 24-Mar-05 14:20:03

I would not cancel the appointment. The temperature can come back and you won't be able to see a doctor at least until Tuesday.

swiperfox Thu 24-Mar-05 14:24:29

Thanks guys - I feel better about taking them now! I was feeling a bit guilty thinking that they aren't exactly 'emergency' and I might be stopping someone else getting an appointment - but you're right - if they get worse again 4 days is a loooong time with sick kids!!!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: