DS (9 months) has had a series of coughs colds and ear infections over the last few weeks and over the last 2 days has had a temp of just over 100, been generally lethargic and obviously feeling crappy. Still had a temp this morning but has just eaten lunch and seems a bit livlier.
DD woke up crying with a sore ear last night but is fine today and has gone off to school.
I booked them each an emergency appt this morning for 5.00 but I dont want to waste them esp just before the long weekend - do you think i'm justified in getting them checked out?!?!
Just been to our drs - surgery closed Friday to Monday inclusive. It's a long wait if you change your mind tomorrow!
Also, reason I went is for ds2 (18mths) who has sort of low grade ear infection. Turns out his infection is in ear canal (not inner ear) so not a painful as you'd expect (hence lack of symptoms other than grumbliness and heck of a lot of 'gunk'. If that's what your two have, might explain general good spirits - but might still need/justify anti-b's.
Ds2 is on his second lot of anti-b's and I'm glad that by the next time the surgery is open, he'll be close to finishing the prescripion.
Thanks guys - I feel better about taking them now! I was feeling a bit guilty thinking that they aren't exactly 'emergency' and I might be stopping someone else getting an appointment - but you're right - if they get worse again 4 days is a loooong time with sick kids!!!