Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Innoculation Worry - Please Help

(8 Posts)
LuvMyBaby Wed 23-Mar-05 14:09:11

My 12 week old ds is due his 2nd lot of innoculations tomorrow but yesterday night developed a really bad cold. I have spoke to the HV who says its ok to have it done as long as ds hasn't got a fever - can anyone give me any advice/reassurance regarding this.

I feel bad putting him through it as his little body is already trying to cope with a cold, any opinions/experience of the same would be greatly appreciated - am feeling a bit stressed about it.

tiffini Wed 23-Mar-05 14:12:47

bump

cazzybabs Wed 23-Mar-05 14:18:58

This might not be want to read, but I took my dd2 for her 2nd injections and they wouldn't do it as she had a cough and cold (no fever).

NotQuiteCockney Wed 23-Mar-05 14:20:21

I'd see how he is this afternoon and tomorrow, but I wouldn't do it if you have worries. It can wait a week, why make things harder for him and you? (Did he react badly to the first lot? If so, I'd be even more inclined to wait a week.)

llkjj Wed 23-Mar-05 14:22:06

When I took my DD and she had a cough like yours at the same age, she was hit very hard by the jab, fell off her weight gain curve for 3-4 weeks. I wouldn't take a baby again like that, so I vote for a delay.

LuvMyBaby Wed 23-Mar-05 15:03:37

NQC - he did have a reaction after his first lot so thats why I am apprehensive,

llkjj - thats awful, and worrying - you must have been really concerned,

By the way, as I am new to mn, could you explain what "bump" means ??

NotQuiteCockney Wed 23-Mar-05 15:13:20

bump just means, someone's adding a comment so the thread will go to the top of the "Active Conversations" page.

Given he had a reaction last time, I'd certainly postpone it, LMB. There's no harm in waiting a week. If it was just a little sniffle or something, I'd go for it, but with a bad cold, best to let him rest.

LuvMyBaby Thu 24-Mar-05 15:58:40

Thanks for your advice, I delayed his jabs until next week and feel loads better now I have made that decision.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now