Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

2.5 yr old with bad toothache won't eat...

(4 Posts)
tweetyfish Tue 22-Mar-05 16:04:35

has anyone else had experience of this? he'll start to chew on food but then starts crying and says "bad teethies" and refuses to eat any more.. it's been since sunday afternoon now and i'm getting really worried! I have looked in his mouth and he doesn't seem to have caries, or any ulcers that DP, my mum or i could see... His last molar is coming through but the others were never a problem - could it be this tooth causing so much upset? should i take him to a dentist? why don' kids come with exact diagnoses when they are ill?! Will i ever stop worrying about them before they turn 40?! aaaarrgghhh

logic Tue 22-Mar-05 16:27:29

Snap. We are going through this right now but we are used to it. It does sound like it's his teeth and you probably won't be able to see it. Ds has a temp, cries and doesn't eat for 3 days and then a tooth will pop through. It's a pain in all ways. Our GP told us not to worry too much about the food as long as we can get fluids into him. You could try yoghurt or ice-cream, something soothing. No harm in taking him to see a dentist either given that it's not usual behaviour for him. I doubt that we'll stop worrying when they are 40, tweetyfish

tweetyfish Tue 22-Mar-05 16:37:06

Logic, his last tooth is already 3/4 of the way out, and it's not red or anything - does that tally with your little one? He also won't really drink - he's had 1 beaker of milk today and that;s it

logic Tue 22-Mar-05 16:56:50

It's one of those big teeth isn't it? Ds' has got 3 left to come through although I suspect that this bout is one of them. He does get this up until the tooth is fully through so it could be! I can't get much fluid into ds either. Chocolate buttons seem acceptable though At least if it is the tooth, it's the last one! I am so looking forward to that. Hope he feels better soon.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now