Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

post childbirth - delicate question

(6 Posts)
mckenzie Tue 22-Mar-05 13:08:00

DD is now 13 days old and my bleeding is fairly light (I can usually get away with just a panty liner) but when I take my knickers off to use the toilet the smell is quite unpleasant (stale meat??).

I'm showering at least once a day. Any ideas??

colditzmum Tue 22-Mar-05 13:14:19

Lochia is a bit stinky, but shouldn't smell offensive. I would tell your midwife.

PrettyCandles Tue 22-Mar-05 13:16:18

Have you mentioned this to your midwife? It doesn't sound right to me.

franke Tue 22-Mar-05 13:17:17

I think there is probably discharge along with blood which can cause odour. Did you have a tear or anything? Or are there any other symptoms such as itching down there? If your midwife is still around, I would ask just to put your mind at rest. Maybe just a 'phone call would clear up any worries you have

morningpaper Tue 22-Mar-05 13:24:06

I found this too - it cleared up in a few weeks. I can still remember it though! I seemed to smell myself all the time. I associated it with lochia and hormone changes. I didn't like it at all. If the midwife says that you are healing up ok, I wouldn't worry. xxx

mckenzie Tue 22-Mar-05 14:40:37

midwife signed me off on sunday so I assume she thgouht I was healing okay (I did have a few stitches). I'll give it another few days and see if ti settles down.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now