Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

What's going on??

(8 Posts)
Fran1 Mon 21-Mar-05 22:10:45

Ok i am feeling so depressed i have to write here.

Pre-pregnancy, i stayed a size 10/12 no matter what ( i didn't exercise an awful lot, and did eat a lot!).

After having my first child, i reduced back to original weight, still had slight tummy but was generally happy. Two years on i have expanded! put on at least three stone. I think the contraceptive injection could be to blame, cos i walk lots with dd, and cut down on eating any choc/crisps etc. I wouldn't go as far as to say i went on a diet, but at least i would expect my weight to stay the same, not keep going up which is what it did!

I have now come off the injection, still at same weight, and also with a stomach that looks like i'm about 6mths pregnant. I cannot help keep thinking that there may be more to this than just "getting fat". Is it some sort of health problem?

I am sorry to rant here, and i don't spose anyone will have any answers but i am soo embarrassed by my appearance in real life i can't talk about it, I know i should see Gp but trying to pluck up the courage, as hes not most sympathetic and i know will prob send me away to keep a food diary or something. I have just started a food diary to show him when i get the courage to go!

Rowlers Mon 21-Mar-05 22:40:45

How old are you Fran? I seemed to pile on weight after I turned 30 or so. Really struggle to get it off.

HUNKERMUNKER Mon 21-Mar-05 22:44:42

I had this after I was diagnosed as having PCOS - I have to be really careful about what I eat now (I never used to have to worry) or I put on weight really easily.

Hugs, hun - I know how hard it is when you seem you're doing everything right and not losing weight. The food diary might help - I found that even though I thought I was being really good, I was eating more than I thought I was.

Fran1 Mon 21-Mar-05 22:47:04

Yes that is something i thought about too, is this an age thing? I'm 27.

I can handle weight if its in proportion all over, its just the ridiculous sized stomach, makes clothes so uncomfortable, as soon as i'm home i'm into baggy tracksuit bottoms.

I do do situps and small excercises at home about three times a week. But i have solid stomach muscles underneath a big bloated belly!

Fran1 Mon 21-Mar-05 22:48:18

Interesting you say that HunkerMunker as i read an article recently on a girl who had PCOS and thought she sounded just like me.

The only answer is to see miserable old GP isn't it!?!

Rowlers Mon 21-Mar-05 22:50:01

Yes - but do you have to see your named gp or can you see another doctor at the same practice? I try to avoid my named gp as he's so wishy washy.

HUNKERMUNKER Mon 21-Mar-05 22:50:52

Is there another GP you can see at your practice? Do you have other symptoms of PCOS then?

Fran1 Mon 21-Mar-05 22:57:13

Not sure hunkermunker, just read this article and thought hmm could be me. But then you find other reasons don't you?

I have been getting spotty lately - never had before.
Feel exhausted and achey most of the time - but blame MN for that!!
Periods have not yet returned, whereas got them straight away when i last came of contracetptive injection.
And every now and then, i get excruiciating abdomen pain for about half an hour - i liken it to a contraction. Maybe once a fortnight? i thrash about trying to get comfortable, and then as quickly as it came, it goes away!

Sadly i live in a v small village and only have one GP who is pleasant enough when you visit with a child who has conjunctivitus, but such things as excema have him patronising you like you are wasting his time.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now