Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

DD stopped eating

(6 Posts)
fee77 Mon 21-Mar-05 16:26:41

DD (18mths) has gone off food - so far today she has had a bowl of ready brek, a bite of cheese and bread, and that is it. She seems bright enough when playing, but gets easily upset if falls over. Up till now she has been a great eater - do kids do this? Or should i take her to the doctors?

NotQuiteCockney Mon 21-Mar-05 16:28:48

I wouldn't worry about it. It may mean she's about to come down with a bug, particularly a tummy bug - DS1 often goes off food, and won't need no matter what, and then a day or two later, has the runs.

As long as she's taking fluids, I wouldn't worry about it at all.

(They do also reduce their food intake after the first year or so.)

LIZS Mon 21-Mar-05 16:32:48

Yes kids do this ! Their growth slows down and they are getting some of their molars.

When mine were toddlers I'd try to remember to to take account of their food intake over a period of say 5 days to see if it had evened itself out. I personally wouldn't have worried about the occasional day of minimal intake unless they were obviously unwell with it. At around that age ds went through a phase of eating so little I reverted to Boots Jars containing Fennel as that was the only savoury he would eat. dd went on a milk fest at around 18 months - 2years , having had very little in the previous few months and her appetite for solids inevitably suffered in direct proportion.

hth

fee77 Wed 23-Mar-05 12:14:28

Thanks - she has had the odd meal since but has come down with a nasty cough and cold.
Kids!!! I'll be grey by the time she's 5

floppsy Wed 23-Mar-05 12:20:03

Havin the same problem my dd2 who is 2.5 just don't eat,has been ill with cough,cold & then the sickness bug but just can't get her to eat. She can't really afford to lose anymore weight shes already like a skinned rabbit,really cocerned as dd1 is such a good eater,anyone else got the same problem.

fee77 Wed 30-Mar-05 12:42:49

Any progree flopsy? DD had started to eat more but has just come down with a stomach bug - i am going to pop her in a plastic bubble when we go out from now on!
I am concerned about the weight as well, as last time i had her weighed she had lost weight and i got a lecture.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now