Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Lump - is this normal? Sorry TMI !

(9 Posts)
tala Mon 21-Mar-05 11:47:30

I have a lump insise me, just to the left of my cervix, it feels like it should be there but i was just wondering if anyone else has one or if i should ask the gp, i just presumed it was normal. Had smear just over a year ago, all ok. Has been there for ages, has got no bigger, no pain or bleeding etc. Had baby 5 weeks ago.

Tala Mon 11-Apr-05 16:38:43

No replies i'm not a troll honestly, i've made lots of posts, just changed my name for this one as its embarrasing. Can anyone change their name and answer me. Thanks

Marina Mon 11-Apr-05 16:41:39

tala, how is your pelvic floor? It's possible that you have a prolapse. I really would make an appointment with the practice nurse as she will probably be able to put your mind at rest and also suggest some treatment if that is what it is.

tala Mon 11-Apr-05 16:54:40

thanks marina, i dont think its my pelvic floor as it was there before i had my baby, i cant tell if its part of the cervix or not. i'll make an appointment (well try anyway)

Pinotmum Mon 11-Apr-05 17:14:08

When yo had your last sear did the nurse/doctor comment? They may well have something on your notes so probably best to make an appointment.

Pinotmum Mon 11-Apr-05 17:14:33

Smear - sorry my typing is getting worse

tala Mon 11-Apr-05 17:22:19

pinotmum, i had a smear about a year and a half ago and nothing was said but she really only felt (no stabbed) in the middle of my cervix. i had a lot of internals though when in labour, and before as i was induced, surely they would have said something or maybe the midwife didnt know. i'm making excuses anyway i'll make an appointment

Tipex Mon 11-Apr-05 18:25:35

how big a lump are you talking tala? its quite common to get small cysts/follicles on the cervix but they do need checking out.

anchovies Mon 11-Apr-05 18:26:56

Have you been for your postnatal check yet? Perhaps mention when you see your doc? They gave me an examination then anyway.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now