Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Prebiotics

(4 Posts)
Mum2Ela Mon 21-Mar-05 10:12:21

Just cleared out my medicine cabinet and happened upon a bottle of 'Prebiotic nourishment for digestive flora and colon health' because (don't laugh) I once read on MN that this would be good for me, but I now can't remember the detauls.

Can anyone tell me if I should take this powder and how, with probiotics? I am breastfeeding btw.

Would it also be beneficial for DH amd DD (2.5 yrs)?

Also, my brother has colitis and has a flare-up atm. Woudl taking pro and pre biotics be beneficial for him?

Thank yu o wise mnetters!

x

Chandra Mon 21-Mar-05 10:17:46

I believe that the nice thing of probiotics is that they can make you lots of good and certainly no harm. I would use them, but I don't know how...

Mum2Ela Mon 21-Mar-05 10:28:49

I take probiotics, but this stuff is pre-biotics. Do you know the difference?

alhambra Mon 21-Mar-05 16:17:27

Prebiotics help create the conditions that cause the bacteria to flourish. Both are good. And excellent for colitis. And very good for you if breastfeeding but I think they have sell-by dates so don't take them if they are too manky.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now