Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

What would you do. Dd has a cold should I send her to school?

(13 Posts)
Blossomhill Sun 20-Mar-05 20:21:02

Poor dd has a bit of a cold and a cough but has no temp, is running around eating, sleeping etc. Should I send her to school? Just seems a shame keeping her off as they have the Easter performance this week.
She is 5 and a half btw. Thanksx

Tinker Sun 20-Mar-05 20:22:24

If she's not unwell I'd send her.

JanH Sun 20-Mar-05 20:26:57

Which day is the Easter performance, BH? If it's at the end of the week it might be worth keeping her off for a day or 2 to make sure she isn't run ragged by then; if it's at the beginning then send her, if she's not actually ill, as Tinker says

Blossomhill Sun 20-Mar-05 20:32:09

She just sounds coldy if IYKWIM

I mean obviously if she was ill then I wouldn't question it. It p's me off when I see parents send there kids in with a temperature, very irresponsible!

I am going to see how she is as she woke up last night but she went at 7 tonight so a good nights sleep will do her the world of good

pepsi Sun 20-Mar-05 20:32:16

If she seems fine in herself Id send her, but Id not plan anything for after school, keep things quiet and early nights so hopefully she can be fully fit for the performance.

Blossomhill Sun 20-Mar-05 20:32:27

She has 2 performances - tuesday and wednesday

JanH Sun 20-Mar-05 20:35:50

Maybe keep her off just tomorrow then, BH? If the weather stays nice they will be running around like mad things at break, she could rest at home and be much stronger for Tuesday.

roisin Sun 20-Mar-05 21:15:17

DS2 always seems to flag at the end of every half term, and starts to come down with some bug or other, and I know he's not up to a full week. I just keep him off whichever day is most convenient to me, and when I know he won't miss anything too exciting. Actually on Thursday he went to sleep on the sofa at 8 am and was sound asleep, so I kept him off. But he was full of beans when he woke up, so I sent him back in at lunchtime!

I'd keep her off tomorrow BH so she'll be well for the show.

Blossomhill Sun 20-Mar-05 21:17:04

I just want to sit and cuddle her all day but she won't let me!!!

roisin Mon 21-Mar-05 10:27:32

Have you kept her off BH? I've got ds1 at home today: He was sick in the night, and is just lying in bed moaning and groaning ...

I've put a storytape on loud for him so I can't hear the moaning and groaning!

Blossomhill Mon 21-Mar-05 11:41:39

Ah poor ds1 Roisin

No dd went in as she was fine this am. Still a bit bunged up but had a good nights sleep and i said to phone if they need to as I am only 5 mins away.

Blossomhill Tue 22-Mar-05 19:45:57

Roisin - Hope ds is feeling better
Dd is not 100% but is def. well enough for school. I just think roll on Thursday so we can all lay in!!!

roisin Tue 22-Mar-05 22:12:05

Thanks BH - yes, he was fine today. Yesterday he stayed in bed all day, I got him up to walk to school to fetch ds2 for some fresh air. He was asleep in bed earlier than usual, had good night's sleep, and woke up full of beans this morning

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now