Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

dd has gastroenteritis!!!

(22 Posts)
lilsmum Sun 20-Mar-05 19:20:40

see this for update on what happened

lilsmum Sun 20-Mar-05 19:40:13

i dont know why i bother posting on here

Catbert Sun 20-Mar-05 19:42:46

why?

Catbert Sun 20-Mar-05 19:43:09

How is you DD now?

lockets Sun 20-Mar-05 19:43:16

Message withdrawn

MunchedTooManyMarsLady Sun 20-Mar-05 20:11:18

hi lilsmum. I've been away this weekend. How is the wee one now? I hope things have improved. Am just about to read the other thread properly, but I saw sad faces and wanted you to know that I'm thinking of you. It's not nice, but I really hope she's on the road to recovery.

HUNKERMUNKER Sun 20-Mar-05 20:14:00

Oh, sweetheart, hope she's feeling much better soon. Sorry you've had such a horrible time - hugs to DD xxxxxx

MunchedTooManyMarsLady Sun 20-Mar-05 20:15:26

Honey, just finished reading through. I'm so glad that she's getting better. Lots of hugs and kisses to you. I'm sure you're exhausted. Get some sleep while you can darling. Big kiss to Lil from me and the DTs.

nikcola Sun 20-Mar-05 20:16:21

hope she getts better soon xxxxxxx

psychomum5 Sun 20-Mar-05 20:22:06

Sending hugs for you....I know how hard it is!!

My DD3 has an immunity problem...whenever she comes into contact with a bug, she tends to react to it really badly and so ends up in hospital.
She also had gastroentoritis (many times..at one point three times in as many months). And she too had to have drips and tubes etc...and my heart would break each time she had to have another as her sobs tore right thro me.

I hope things for your daughter are finally on the mend, but for you, I send the most hugs. When your child is poorly you tend to forget about yourself, but it is you that your daughter needs the most, so you especially need to make sure that you eat and rest properly. Otherwise you will end up ill yourself!

lilsmum Thu 24-Mar-05 22:02:37

thanks for all the nice messages, sorry if i seemed a bit off on sundays post, but i was feeling very weepy and down,

anyway update is dd ended up back in hospital on mon morn, still vomiting, started with the runs, and not wanting to drink anything, so back on the drip she went (took 3 attempts again to get it in) couldnt get the drip in either hands, because of previous trying on sat night, so tried her arm, left foot and eventually got it in her right foot !! nightmare!!, she was very dehydrated, and was sobbing but had no tears at all, they eventually let her out tonight (after me pushing) i feel she will pick up more at home, she was so pleased to be home...bless!!, hasnt vomited today and has been eating a little (mainly toast)and drinking juice so i think she is on the mend now (touch wood)just want the tantrums and all normal behaviour back (never thought i would say that lol) and to have my little girl back to normal, and happy and laughing again

xx

lilsmum Thu 24-Mar-05 22:15:47

bump

mummytosteven Thu 24-Mar-05 22:18:10

hi lilsmum. sorry to hear your DD was so ill and hope she's soon running amok!

I never caught the original thread (and I have the perfect excuse for not seeing your posting on Sunday - being on the train journey from hell next to a leaking toilet on a virgin train when you posted!)

irishbird Thu 24-Mar-05 22:19:21

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

jackeroo Thu 24-Mar-05 22:39:22

we were in A&E for the same reason with DS on saturday night. wasn't as severe as your poor DD but very worrying and scary at the time. sorry to hear about your ordeal... glad the worst is over and that she's at home where she'll be happier. i know what you mean about looking forward to tantrums and normality (DS is still not himself at all...)... all the best...

lilsmum Thu 24-Mar-05 22:46:49

thanks everyone,
jackaroo.....did they not put your ds on a drip?

xx

HUNKERMUNKER Thu 24-Mar-05 22:48:34

How is DD now, Lilsmum? xxx

lilsmum Thu 24-Mar-05 22:53:06

hunkermunker...she not too bad, more like herself, while in hospital she would just lie there very still and vacant looking,now she is talking away again, and up and about (quite unsteady though), still looks very pale, and has lost alot of weight still not really eating,but she getting there slowly

thanks for asking

lilsmum Thu 24-Mar-05 22:55:19

wondered if anyone knew... is this something picked up from someone else, or a germ/bacteria thing? i dont really know much about it well... apart from it makes people VERY ill

jackeroo Thu 24-Mar-05 23:09:44

no - i was expecting them to but we got in there early enough - he began to hold down tiny bits of water and dioralyte (fed through syringe) and his fever decreased. he then slept for about 2 days and has been listless and floppy. he's still got explosive diorhhea and has also lost weight. today he was a bit happier though. he's eating a bit and having watered down formula. i didn't know much about it either - they were pretty vague at A&E. but i've heard it's very contagious amongst babies/toddlers or can be like a food poisoning reaction... not really sure how long symptoms last either?

lilsmum Thu 24-Mar-05 23:24:20

jackeroo, arrr bless him, its awful!! i hope he better soon, how old is he?
my dd couldnt keep even sips of water down and then refused to drink that why they put her on the drip, but we went in sat night (on drip) they let her out sun night, and then back in mon morning been on drip since then till this morn, she was very dehydrated, had no tears and very dry mouth and lips also no wet nappies at all, very frightening

jackeroo Thu 24-Mar-05 23:34:31

poor thing - and poor you... you must be knackered.

DS is 9 months. i know the dehydration thing is a real worry - we were still worried about it when we got home as he continuted to vom and squit for a few days. he doesn't like the dioralyte but luckily he likes water/formula.. and it sometimes stays down. it must have been really heart-wrenching having DD in hospital and so helpless. it's been a frightening time not knowing what to expect...

i expect it will take a little while but let's hope it's all behind us now...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now