Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Sore bit - down below

(9 Posts)
Lea2003 Sat 19-Mar-05 15:58:25

Hi

i have a 16 month old daughter who i breastfed - mostly sat up in bed. during my labour i had an episiotomy and initially thought i had problems with it healing (pls bear with me!) went to drs and she said i may have an ulcer or skin cancer (EEK)long and short of it is that i have a sore patch on the inside of my labia about the size of my little finger nail. been referred to dermatologist/vulval clinic - negative biopsy (thank god) negative for viruses. been given all kinds of steroid creams but have found tea tree oil helps until the next period arrives when it gets worse again. am convinced that got sore area-just like a blister without the skin - when feeding while wearing maternity pads - anyone got any ideas to help?

JoolsToo Sat 19-Mar-05 16:13:33

hasn't the dr/hospital given you anything for it? what have they told you to do next?

noddyholder Sat 19-Mar-05 16:35:44

lea I have some experience of this.I had a vulval carcinoma 4 years ago caused by medication I was on due to my kidney transplant I as told it was a cyst to start with and I left it for years before another doctor decided to remove it just in case Thank god he did as it was cancerous but caught in time.So keep an eye on it if it starts itching etc I don't mean to scare you but it was a dreadful time for us and could have been avoided.Have you tried salt baths?

JoolsToo Sat 19-Mar-05 16:46:33

gosh - noddy - you've been through it haven't you - I wish you continued good health

noddyholder Sat 19-Mar-05 16:49:33

thankyou jools I have been well-ish for a while now and it is great!I am keeping everything crossed!

Lonelymum Sat 19-Mar-05 17:03:18

Not your legs I hope! (Sorry, couldn't resist that.) Just ignore me.

noddyholder Sat 19-Mar-05 17:04:34

No never been good at crossing those1

Lea2003 Sun 20-Mar-05 13:26:28

Thanks - will keep an eye on this - glad you are well.

Not thought of salt baths - will give it a try....

auntymonkey Tue 29-Mar-05 14:07:59

Hi -if you do get symptoms again it is worth checking out any information you can get on lichen sclerosis. I thought I had thrush for 15 years but in fact canesten was making it worse. I had small patches of sometimes white or excema like, often sore and itchy skin on entrance to vulva. IT can be treated with the steroid ointment dermovate or surgery but it is hard to get the right diagnosis so worth having it in knowledge bank in case you need to see doctor as you can bet your bottom dollar they won't have heard of it - I was only diagnosed after emergency visit to STD clinic in desperation!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: