Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

mouth ulcers in children...what to do?

(7 Posts)
lucykatie Fri 18-Mar-05 20:50:21

my dd has mouth ulcers and really causing her some distress.

she is very poorly at the moment with flu,swollen glands and kidney infection, so i am gathering that mouth ulcers are just a spin off from the other things.

need to ease the pain for her....any ideas?

KatieMac Fri 18-Mar-05 20:53:04

I used to gargle with hot salty water - but that's no good for a little one - is it bad enough for antibiotics - I've had them 4 or 5 times for mouth ulcers

lucykatie Fri 18-Mar-05 20:54:30

she is already on anti biotics for all other things...only started them last night though.

she is 5 so she may gargle...how do you explain how to gargle. lol.

KatieMac Fri 18-Mar-05 21:02:17

The A/B's will prob clear them up (I suffered on & off from about 5 to about 25-had a good patch, but I have a mouth full now)

Adcortyl in oral base might help but I'm not sure if you can give that to kids

Try to avoid artifical colours/flavours (esp smarties) if she suffers regularily

albosmum Fri 18-Mar-05 21:03:02

we recently got some over the counter stuff from the chemist for ds2 (9years) it worked really well - but I have forgotten the name but it smelt of cardamon seeds

lucykatie Fri 18-Mar-05 21:10:55

will go to chemist tomorrow.
read that it could be due to being tired, we spent 4 hours in a and e with her last night...11pm untill 2am, so she hasnt had a great sleep.

KatieMac Fri 18-Mar-05 21:18:30

That's odd mine stopped when I got ME and I'm just properly over it now..........

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now