Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Achenbach syndrome - help, please!

(7 Posts)
ChipButty Thu 27-Nov-08 04:59:46

Over the past month, I have twice experienced a sudden sharp pain - once in a finger and once in my thumb - followed by the sudden appearance of a bruise and slight redness and swelling. The pain recedes quite quickly and the bruising fades over a few days. I have found the name for this condition but cannot find much information about it. Don't know whether to see a doctor. Has anyone had any experience of this, please? TIA.

ChipButty Thu 27-Nov-08 16:35:32

girlandboy Wed 28-Jan-09 12:13:36

Hi, I've just been googling the same because for years I've had this. (And that is how I found your question!)

The reason I was googling it this morning is because today it happened again.

My left middle finger suddenly hurt, the last finger joint started to swell and sure enough the vein burst after a few minutes. I have now got a black finger.

I've had this for years and it happens a few times a year, and also very occasionally in my feet.

I've seen the doctor about it and he took some blood to test it for it's clotting abilities which apparently came back normal. That was the end of his enquiries.hmm I've never bothered going back again about it.

I'll perhaps mention it again when I go back to him for something else!smile

redheaded2 Thu 30-Mar-17 21:02:47

In the event anyone else stumbles upon this thread, I get the same thing, have had this issue for a few years. Usually a middle finger and happens when I have applied some pressure to it such as opening a door or pulling on something.

maisiejones Fri 31-Mar-17 18:47:55

I get this occasionally. Only since menopause though and friend the same. Only requires a very light touch on finger to cause the stabbing pain and bruise.

picklemepopcorn Fri 31-Mar-17 18:58:22

Me too! Never occurred to me it was a 'thing', I just assumed that I was pinching/bursting the blood vessels by being too rough. Thought it was a bit weird that I was so 'fragile' these days.

Ontopofthesunset Fri 31-Mar-17 19:04:16

I get it too and sometimes on toes as well, if I stand on a sharp edge or something.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now