Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

mouth ulcers on my tongue

(5 Posts)
susieqx Fri 18-Mar-05 12:24:59

what cuases them?
I used to have one maybe once a year - but in the past month or so I've had 1 or 2 more or less continually.
I take a multivitamin when I remember and think I eat healthily.
Is it a dental prob or health prob.

anchovies Fri 18-Mar-05 12:28:02

General health more than likely, they are more frequent when tired/run down. I'd mention it to your dentist though as im not certain about on your tongue, are you sure they're not yeast related?

Gobbledigook Fri 18-Mar-05 12:28:54

Usually get them if you are very tired - have you been overly busy recently? I definitely get them if I've not been getting enough sleep.

californiagirl Fri 18-Mar-05 18:59:18

Mouth ulcers can also be aggravated by dental problems and by allergies. If you recently changed toothpaste or mouthwash or what you drink regularly, switch back.

jessicasmummy Fri 18-Mar-05 19:01:35

i get them on my tongue an awful lot and not just one or two - i get a tongue full.... first time it happened mum whisked me off to docs and it was because i was run down and tired and it was my bodies way of telling me to stop. the best for the pain side of it i have found is Anbesol Liquid.... hope they go away soon, i know they arent nice x

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: