Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

OMG what have I done to my face!??

(12 Posts)
jibberjabber Fri 18-Mar-05 09:28:19

Hi, this is awful but I'm sure some time soon I will be giggling about this morning.

Used a new face cream last night (promising the world in a jar!!) woke up this morning with big red puffy marks on my face which really are quite sore and both of my eyes have puffed up, I look like I've been in a scrap, gone swimming and been crying for 3 days!

I've taken an anti histamine but not sure if I should be applying anything, I've been splashing my face with cold water and that seems to make it more itchy.

God did the postman get a fright this morning when he saw me! I know it sounds terribly vain but I don't want to go out today because I really look like I've been beaten.

Can anyone recommend or reassure me, am I goign to look like Shrek forever???

charleepeters Fri 18-Mar-05 09:32:06

im sure its just an alergic reaction doesnt it say in th epot what you can do. im sure it will go down though!

jibberjabber Fri 18-Mar-05 09:33:06

no nothing on the pot. How long do you think it will take. A couple of days?

sweetmonkey Fri 18-Mar-05 09:34:43

is there a number on the pot that yu could phone? if you phoned the makers of it they might have suggestions for you

norash40 Fri 18-Mar-05 09:35:32

I would go to my local chemist and take the jar with me. Just to be on the safe side.

dawnie1 Fri 18-Mar-05 09:40:04

I think for allergic reactions they recommend you drink lots of milk to flush it through even if it is a skin rash - allergic reactions cause a lot of acid to form in your body/on your skin so milk neutralises it (I think but I have no medical knowledge at all)

I think asking a pharmacist is a very good idea!

jibberjabber Fri 18-Mar-05 09:46:13

phoned the Pharmacist and they advised the anti histamine which is what I have taken.

jibberjabber Fri 18-Mar-05 09:47:42

I have never had a reaction to a face cream and think it mustbe something to do with the AHA's which I also have never used.

Anybody want a jar of Elizabeth Arden cream

jibberjabber Fri 18-Mar-05 10:22:44

heehee I'll take it that's a no then.

WigWamBam Fri 18-Mar-05 10:27:45

Have you got some calamine lotion, E45 or aqueous cream that you could put on to ease the itching and soreness?

Chuffed Fri 18-Mar-05 10:34:37

Take the jar back, most of the expensive creams come with money back guarantee's so you can at least get something else. Go in today and say this is what the cream did to my face.

ionesmum Fri 18-Mar-05 10:46:30

AHAs are bad news for skin. Its' acid that peels away the top layers.

Take some photos then go to the shop with them and ask for your money back. Or send copies to their customer services.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: