Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Twitching Eye (wink)

(12 Posts)
vicdubya Thu 17-Mar-05 22:03:04

Seriously, I'm not winking at you! My right eye muscle has been twitching on and off for about 3 weeks and it's driving me MAD!!!

Any ideas why or what I can do to stop it...

Old wives tales etc welcome.

redsky Thu 17-Mar-05 22:05:25

I get that too - usually for about a week before school holidays start - I've been told its stress related. Haven't found a way to stop it - sorry!

Demented Thu 17-Mar-05 22:28:24

I had this for about 9 months last year after a period of prolonged stress. Didn't venture to the Dr with it as it wasn't constant, it would come and go and IMO connected with the stress, but is has gone away now. Hope yours goes soon.

jabberwocky Thu 17-Mar-05 22:30:35

It's stress. Usually emotional but can be visual. Do you wear glasses? If it got so severe that the eye was actually slamming shut (blepharospasm) then they would do a botox injection. Otherwise, no real treatment I'm afraid. Maybe a nice hot bath and a glass of wine.

SleepyJess Thu 17-Mar-05 22:32:51

I've got this too.. keeps coming and going! Stress.. hmmm.. that makes sense!

maisystar Thu 17-Mar-05 22:39:58

my left eye did that v attractive it was too!! i think it was becaue i had a really bad cold and was blowing my nose loads(lovely eh?) anyway it stopped after 2/3 weeks and i am now twitch free

joash Thu 17-Mar-05 22:41:19

get yourself out girkl - might attract someone worthwhile - all that twitching might be mistaken for winking, make the most of it [GRIN]

efmach Fri 18-Mar-05 07:54:36

Agree with the others, overtiredness and stress can cause the twitching.

Homsa Fri 18-Mar-05 19:50:23

I've heard that muscle twitching and cramping can be a symptom of magnesium and/or calcium deficiency. Maybe a mineral supplement might be worth a try?

chipmonkey Fri 18-Mar-05 20:31:45

Can be a magnesium deficiency, but more likely to be good old stress or fatigue!

vicdubya Sat 19-Mar-05 18:18:49

Come to the conclusion it is stress related.

It seems to come on badly when I am getting stressed.

Since dh has just started working away and we are about to relocate I am not really surprised.

Have also started taking multivits as still BF and wondered if I am a bit low.

Ty for the comments!

jampots Sat 19-Mar-05 18:26:08

i also get it when tired and stressed. Also sometimes have twitchy lip where my bottom lip twitches

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now