Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Has anyone tried THYROSINE? For underactive thyroid.

(3 Posts)
MogTheForgetfulCat Mon 24-Nov-08 19:22:39

Have just found a flyer for Thyrosine in the post, wondered if anyone had tried it...

I went to GP recently feeling pretty ropey - v tired and irritable all the time, mornings like wading through concrete, and just didn't feel entirely like myself. Had blood tests, came back "borderline" for thyroid function - low, but not quite low enough for them to prescribe Thyroxine. Re-tested, it had gone up a bit, so will have 3-monthly blood tests to monitor it for now and see what happens.

This week, I have started feeling really tired and ratty again, and mornings are a real struggle again. I am a bit unwilling to go back to the GP, as they have tested quite recently, and also last time I was there, the GP said, "Oh well, you have DS2 (9mo), of course you are tired" - which is true, but I really feel it's more than that. DS2 wakes once a night for a feed and goes back to sleep straightaway, so I am getting plenty of sleep.

Anyway, thinking of trying this Thyrosine, but don't want to if it's dodgy, a rip off etc.

Thanks!

TheBlonde Mon 24-Nov-08 19:48:36

You are better off going back to your GP imho

Ask for a referral to an endocrinologist

glamgranny Sat 17-Oct-09 11:44:26

I too received a leaflet and thought about trying Thyrosine but decided to look on the Internet first to see if I could find any information on the product. I suggest you look at the following as it states quite clearly in there that to use such a product when you have a normal thyroid could have an irreversible effect on your thyroid. Hope you get your problems sorted out. Cut and paste the following into your browser.

http://preventplc.net/files/0709_PreventplcThyroid.pdf

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now