Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

PILES PLEASE HELP !! DONT READ IF SCREAMISH!!!!!

(24 Posts)
sambrads Mon 24-Nov-08 13:06:24

HELLO CAN SOMONE HELP ME !!??

I HAVE 2 KIDS AND WITH BOTH OF THEM I GOT PILES. MY DD IS 7 WEEKS AND YESTERDAY I WOKE UP IN THE MOST HORRENDOUS PAIN EVER I WENT TO THE TOILET AND THERE IS A SWELLING ON ONE SIDE THE SIZE OF A 50P PIECE!!

ANUSOL DOENOT WORK IM USING GERMLOIDS NOW AND ITS IS A WEE BIT OF RELIEF BUT STILL IN AGONY NEVER SLEPT ONE BIT LAST NIGHT AS COULD NOT GET COMFORTABLE COULD NOT FACE ANOTHER NIGHT LIKE THIS

CANT SIT STAND LIE DOWN NOTHING HELPS PLEASE TELL ME WHAT TO DO

I NEVER HAD THEM AS BAD EVEN WHEN I WAS 9 MONTHS PREGNANT WITH BIG BABIES PUSHING DOWN.

treedelivery Mon 24-Nov-08 13:11:22

sad

I'm with you sister. Had toilet full of blood from mine last night {only 8 weeks to go till delivery Oh dear Lord}

GP - it's only way. They can precribe more serious stuff.

Sit on bag of frozen peas till appointment? Get an emergency of they are that sore.

Neeerly3 Mon 24-Nov-08 13:15:40

i have them too - yesterday I braved a peek using a mirror as I felt like i have something sticking out of my bum - lo and behold BIG bunch of grapes - was minging!

I am only 27 weeks, so god knows what they will be like by the time i give birth. Mine however don't hurt (yet), just uncomfy when I go to the loo - will be buying anusol to try and shrink them and if that doesn't work I will be talking to midwife for some high powered stuff.

treedelivery Mon 24-Nov-08 13:18:56

sad sad sad

I've got the runs and vomits too. They don't go well together.

Fecking loo downstairs and round corner too.

sambrads Mon 24-Nov-08 13:31:25

they are so so painful and i think its nearly worse when your pregnant as you feel like yur going to push your insides out as it is ha ha try and get your piles sorted but the baby comes

Neeerly3 anusol is crap get some germloids you acn use it when pregnant it is very good for shrinking !!

think i need some hard core stuff from the doctor

treedelivery Mon 24-Nov-08 13:40:34

Let us know what you get!!

treedelivery Mon 24-Nov-08 13:41:06

Insides last seen dissapearing round u bend.
sad

Neeerly3 Mon 24-Nov-08 16:51:17

mine have now burst, or at least one did - so it's starting to hurt a bit now

ThingOne Mon 24-Nov-08 18:17:37

Get some stuff from the GP. They have pain relieving things they can give. If it doesn't work keep going back.

sparkybabe Mon 24-Nov-08 18:21:51

Burst?

Oh dear god.....

Neeerly3 Tue 25-Nov-08 11:29:47

sam, how are you today?

LeakyDAISYcal Tue 25-Nov-08 11:37:56

I recently got some suppositories from the GP which helped. they have a steroid in them as well so help with the swelling.

you have my sympathy. I've got piles for the first time ever after my third baby and they gave me more grief than my episiotomy stitches.

Keep a bottle of distilled witch hazel in the fridge and regularly apply on a piece of muslin. Wrap the muslin round an ice pop as well for some topicla relief. You can get witch hazel in the chemist.

I also got a rubber ring to sit on, although I understand they aren't recommended these days, but as I couldn't sit down without one I had no choice really.

and watch out for hot baths etc as hot water can make the swelling worse.

sambrads Wed 26-Nov-08 15:34:36

went to the doctor and begged or the strongest cream ever and they gave me it so now they are starting to shrink and not as sore

NEERLY3 how are you doing???

Neeerly3 Wed 26-Nov-08 16:26:44

mine are shrinking after purchasing germoloids - but i am still constipated due to large baby, so think this will be ongoing issues til the birth!

treedelivery Wed 26-Nov-08 19:41:15

Witch HAzel! I'd heard of that then forgotten about it. Thank you for reminding me LDcal.

Good luck one and all!

amicissima Sat 29-Nov-08 13:05:39

I can highly recommend Psyllium husks, which you can get from some health food shops (never seen them in Holland & Barrett). They turn your poo into soft sausages which are less painful than either rocks or diarrhoea. Nice and natural, though if you don't drink a great deal an extra glass of water could be a good idea.

Tricky to take, though. You need about a rounded dessert spoon once or twice a day and they absorb water rapidly. I've found the best is either taken in a small bowl of fruit juice, which ends up like sponge in jelly in a trifle, or a quarter teaspoon at a time stirred into a spoonful of yoghurt and eaten immediately. Don't stir it into food you're cooking (eg stew) - the result is like frogspawn in the food, really disgusting!

HTH

cyteen Sat 29-Nov-08 13:12:42

Okay, i had horrific arse grapes after having DS so i totally sympathise...the community midwife who did my 24 hour check gave me some great advice to help shrink them, which is:

have warm bath and enjoy temporary relief

once you've got out, pat the area dry

lie on your side with one leg raised e.g. propped up on toilet block; apply ointment of choice to your piles and gently massage them, including around the base. this helps stimulate bloodflow back to the area.

do this regularly and it should help them shrink quicker. mine were absolute agony but had totally gone within two weeks, so stay positive.

also, i have read on here that vaseline applied before pooing helps to, um, ease the pain of transit...

brimfull Sat 29-Nov-08 13:27:35

lol at 'screamish' in title

corgikelly Mon 01-Dec-08 15:24:51

As undignified and embarrassing as it is, I'm at the end of my rope and I don't know how I'm going to survive the rest of the pregnancy like this.

My piles (currently two external masses that vary between grape and walnut size) continue to get worse, and at the moment I'm completely unable to lead a normal life -- can't walk, can't sit, can't even sleep, because if I accidentally move, I come bolt awake with a stifled gasp and tears in my eyes. Someone bumped into me from behind on a train yesterday and I burst into floods of tears at the pain.

I called my OB today, and she said there's nothing more medication-wise to be done that I'm not doing now (taking Daflon orally and applying a cortisone cream), and said I could make an appointment with a dermatologist if I wanted to, but warned me that she didn't know of any situation where they'd perform a surgical procedure pre-birth, as it could compromise the actual delivery process. So although I do have an appointment with a dermatologist on Wednesday, it seems very probable that I will a) have to live like this for another four months at least, and b) the delivery will make things exponentially worse. And, quite frankly, both are making me cry just thinking about them.

Is it really true that pregnant women are just expected to suffer? My quality of life is nil and I've spent most of the afternoon in floods of tears (and I normally have a VERY high tolerance for pain).

corgikelly Mon 01-Dec-08 15:25:19

Oh yes - and I'm only at 24 weeks.

philvee Sat 18-Jul-15 14:20:23

Hmmm,i tot it was abnormal,now i fell better reading posts about pile.its a terrible pain dat i wished death to end it all.mine is grade4 pile.it nevt goes inside,it shrinks wen not active n comes alive wen it want to start excruciating pain on me.it gets worse during labour as i ve had two c.s as a result of pain unbearable pai during labour.i dnt even think of d baies in my womb,i only think of d pile n how d pain ll go away.i dnt wish my enemy to go thru dis hell.uptil til now wen my stool becomes hard,it comes alive.wen ll dis dissapear? I want to live a normal life after all my friends ve hard stool too but they dnt ve pile! What is a permanent solution to grade 4 pile

philvee Sat 18-Jul-15 14:47:28

Fistula,fissures n pile re similar,how do i lnw if mine is pile ot fissure? I be had mine protryding for ten years noe.it shrinks n comes alive wenever der is pressure as a result of pregnancy or as a result of hard stool caused by constipation.what am i sufferinv from.i need to knw cause i want it to go away

Suky1980 Wed 22-Jul-15 22:46:00

I've had piles before. So painful. Increase your fibre intake. Apply Vaseline to the area and as far in as possible. This will make a huge difference

treadwater Wed 22-Jul-15 23:47:20

Go to GP - I had this with all 4 of mine and the GP can give you the good stuff. I couldn't even walk at one stage!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now