Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

dd has had a temperature for 5 days

(8 Posts)
lalaa Thu 17-Mar-05 17:04:08

dd has horrid cold and now developed cough. she's had a temperature since Sunday, on and off. Thought she was getting better yesterday and sent her to cm.
Temperature returned this morning and she was sent home from cm. She's been generally unwell for most of the day but seemed to be getting a bit back to normal again this afternoon. Now, her temperature is back.
She's 2.4 and has never been this ill for this long with a cold. I'm just wondering whether this is just a really horrible virus that will go away given time, or whether I should be taking her to the docs.
Am doing all the usual stuff for colds (lots of fluids, calpol, etc). She's sleeping lots more than usual, which is normal for her when she's ill. She seems to have a bit of blood in the gunk coming out of her nose.
Am I being an over protective first time mum or is it time to see a medical professional?

PuffTheMagicDragon Thu 17-Mar-05 17:11:56

If the temperature hasn't gone down by now, I'd be thinking about a trip to the doctors to get her checked out.

Tipex Thu 17-Mar-05 19:21:23

lalaa, any other signs other than the temperature eg rash, sore eyes or mouth, cough cold etc etc?

WideWebWitch Thu 17-Mar-05 20:06:06

I'd take her just so they can look in her ears and throat.

MrsBigD Thu 17-Mar-05 20:22:27

I'd take her to see a GP.

Blood in the gunk coming out of her nose could be sinusitis - speaking from experience here as I'm going through that atm.

hope she gets better soon {hugs}

kid Thu 17-Mar-05 20:28:46

I think a temperature that lasts for more than 2-3 days should be checked out by a Dr. Hope she is feeing better soon and back to her usual self.

Fimbo Thu 17-Mar-05 20:33:50

Lalaa, my dd (6.5) has had this since last Saturday, it is a nasty flu virus that is doing the rounds. My friend's dd has it as well and was advised by the Doc to just keep giving Calpol. It really is very unpleasant, my dd is naturally skinny but is now like a walking skeleton as she has only been drinking water. Hope your dd feels better soon

Pollyanna Thu 17-Mar-05 20:34:55

my dd (aged 2) had something similar a few weeks ago. I was told by the doctor that it could last for up to 2 weeks and was nothing to worry about - just a virus that would eventually go. It did take 2 miserable weeks to go. my other daughter had the same virus and it only lasted 3 days.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now