Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

9 month baby with inflamed tonsils, any homeopathy ideas??!!

(4 Posts)
TROUBLE1 Thu 17-Mar-05 11:04:23

Need some advise please! Just been to doctors and he says ds has inflamed tonsils and has prescribed antibiotics, which I don't want to use. Doctor wasn't vey nice and was quite rough when examining ds ! Does anyone know of any homeopathy treatments or a good website for information? Have already googled it but they don't seem to cover tonsils? Thanks in advance for any advice!

GeorginaA Thu 17-Mar-05 11:20:11

Don't know about homeopathy, trouble, but I've just suffered a bout of tonsillitis.

I didn't use antibiotics, the condition is usually self-limiting - I did however NEED to alternate paracetamol and nurofen for a LONG time though - over a week because it was REALLY REALLY painful.

While I could put up with that and let my body deal with the infection, I think I would be inclined to give my baby (I have a 10 month old) the antibiotics if he got it.

Did I mention how bloody painful it was?

Oh, and 2 weeks later I still have a bit of a sore throat, just further down, and I think it's about to turn into laryngitis... argh!

GeorginaA Thu 17-Mar-05 11:21:28

What I mean to say is, that I wouldn't be particularly comfortable with giving painkillers to a baby for that extended period of time just to keep them comfortable - does that make sense? After 5 days, I did start to get side effects from the painkillers and I started halving the dose and putting up with more pain from that point... I just don't think that's good for a baby.

albert Thu 17-Mar-05 11:24:13

Aconite is good for children and good for inflamations but to get a proper 'prescription' you reall should see a homeopath and they will more carefully tailor the remedy to your needs. Poor DS, I hope he gets better soon.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now