Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Angry at my Doctor...

(18 Posts)
Aimsmum Tue 15-Mar-05 19:45:36

Message withdrawn

Pinotmum Tue 15-Mar-05 19:47:41

I'd wrote him a letter and tell him what the hospital said in view of his constant reassurances to the contrary. See if he replies. Then send him an appointment for an optician

helsi Tue 15-Mar-05 20:11:10

I would definately say something. Parents are all too worried at being branded fussy so he needs to know when he has got it wrong.

Aimsmum Tue 15-Mar-05 20:11:20

Message withdrawn

docincognito Tue 15-Mar-05 20:16:07

don't be too hasty in condemning the GP...

firstly, "I can't see it" from the nurse may mean just that, not, "it's not there", but, "it may be there but not sure if I'm looking in the right place".

If your Gp did have a clear view of the eardrum, and the grommet had recently fallen out, but the hole not yet sealed over, it may well look like the grommet is still there. Grommets are tiny, and the same pearly white colour as the eardrum, so it wouldn't be a huge mistake to make.

Rather than rushing back to accuse your GP of lying to you, why not ask if he/ she is sure what he saw, bearing in mind what the hospital said?

docincognito Tue 15-Mar-05 20:16:23

firstly, "I can't see it" from the nurse may mean just that, not, "it's not there", but, "it may be there but not sure if I'm looking in the right place".

If your Gp did have a clear view of the eardrum, and the grommet had recently fallen out, but the hole not yet sealed over, it may well look like the grommet is still there. Grommets are tiny, and the same pearly white colour as the eardrum, so it wouldn't be a huge mistake to make.

Rather than rushing back to accuse your GP of lying to you, why not ask if he/ she is sure what he saw, bearing in mind what the hospital said?

docincognito Tue 15-Mar-05 20:16:23

docincognito Tue 15-Mar-05 20:16:47

oops, sorry, computer blip!

helsi Tue 15-Mar-05 20:17:43

I didn't mean to burst in there saying "you liar" - you put it a bit better doc.

Aimsmum Tue 15-Mar-05 20:24:39

Message withdrawn

bensmum3 Tue 15-Mar-05 20:54:04

Is docigcognito trying to suggest that the nurse was wrong ?If I read correctly, the nurse was right !If Dr's and Nurse's just admitted when they were wrong (they are human after all ) surely we would'nt feel the need to blame them so much !

Aimsmum Tue 15-Mar-05 21:08:58

Message withdrawn

Pinotmum Tue 15-Mar-05 21:12:45

Still think a trip to the eye doc wouldn't be a bad idea for the old boy

Aimsmum Tue 15-Mar-05 21:15:47

Message withdrawn

BadgerBadger Tue 15-Mar-05 23:41:20

How about letting the nurse know she was right after all? It would be a nice gesture, plus it's bound to get around the surgery!

justamom Tue 15-Mar-05 23:50:08

i agree with the last statement......doctors are human, but the cockyness that they seem to get sometimes...it was the child that needed him...not some crazy delusional grown up...

Aimsmum Wed 16-Mar-05 09:34:03

Message withdrawn

Aimsmum Thu 17-Mar-05 15:15:47

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now