Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Is it flu or something else?

(6 Posts)
lisalisa Mon 14-Mar-05 12:11:57

Message withdrawn

lisalisa Mon 14-Mar-05 14:26:24

Message withdrawn

Marina Mon 14-Mar-05 14:32:48

I don't think you'd have all the slime issues lisalisa. Disgusting back-to-back cold viruses have been stalking the college where I work though - I know quite a few normally fit and healthy people who have been full of snot for weeks. Hope you feel better soon...

lalaa Mon 14-Mar-05 14:48:01

i had a cold for the best part of two months in Nov/December. turned out I'd had a truly horrible cold and then developed a chest infection (with same said catarrh). when I went to see the doctor about it, he asked me whether I'd had a bit of a lull in the middle when I thought I'd recovered before the cough came back (I had), and he said that was a classic sign of a chest infection - you get rid of the cold virus, but there's a bacterial infection which your body needs a bit of hand to deal with. He put me on anti-biotics and i was better within a week.
Go to the docs!

lisalisa Mon 14-Mar-05 15:00:05

Message withdrawn

noddyholder Mon 14-Mar-05 15:01:52

Definitely go back to the doctor

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now