Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Homeopathic remedy for migraine?

(4 Posts)
sassy Mon 14-Mar-05 09:21:37

Dh has had terrible migraine on and off for two weeks now. Has seen gp and has been presecribed co-codamol for the pain and something to be taken when he feels a new one coming on - but this one hasn't left him yet IYKWIM. We'd rather he took something more naturl if possible. Any ideas?

toomanypushchairs Mon 14-Mar-05 09:28:02

there is something called 4head. it is a stick of 'stuff' that you rub on your forhead. It works for me, and I have used it on my dd 10yrs. The friend who recommended it has a ds of 11 who has migraines and he has used it for a couple of years now. Its available from boots for about £5, hope this helps

Jimjams Mon 14-Mar-05 09:31:56

To get the right homeopathic remedy he would have to see a homeopath I'm afraid. Has he seen one before (for anything) If he was given a remedy then it could well work on the migraine as well.

starlover Mon 14-Mar-05 19:23:39

I would highly highly suggest seeing a cranial osteopath.
I used to get the most horrendous migraines which put me in bed for 3 days with altered vision and sickness on top of the killer headache. I would get these every 2 months or so...
went to the osteopath twice and haven't suffered at all for over 2 years!!!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: