Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

losing hair after pregnancy.......how long...

(10 Posts)
sasa15 Sun 13-Mar-05 22:23:36

I don't know ,...I mean I thought..it was temporary thing...but I still loose a bit of hair when.....brush them...or wash them....

I mean not many...but yes...I didn't have this problem before....

is it going to stop???

what to do....?

I had haircut few times...but I don't want to go skinhead..........

biglips Sun 13-Mar-05 23:14:08

i had this when i had baba 5 months ago and i posted a thread on here asking why am i losing alot of hair (when i was pg, i didnt shed a single thread of hair and it went really thick and now it shedding abit), now its better but slowly getting back to normal (phew), apparently this is normal

ponygirl Sun 13-Mar-05 23:20:19

Sorry sasa, mine was ages with all three of mine. 6 months to a year. It was in dreadful condition too. It started at about 3-4 months after the birth and just carried on. Even third time round I got quite scared that it wasn't going to stop. But it did, thank God!

Dior Sun 13-Mar-05 23:24:45

Message withdrawn

nightowl Sun 13-Mar-05 23:57:01

i lost a load last year think september time (baba would have been 8 months). i didnt worry too much as ive plenty hair to go round and its fine now.

sasa15 Thu 24-Mar-05 21:33:36

good to hear that it will stop....
couldn't reply early.....

ta

llkjj Thu 24-Mar-05 21:34:50

6 months.

Chickyboo Thu 24-Mar-05 21:58:23

my dd is 8 months old and my hair is still falling out.. can't wait for it to stop. I have got some new hair growing through thank god. DH keeps going mad because my hair gets wrapped around dd's neck ahhh!

tigi Thu 24-Mar-05 22:22:27

i lost a lot around my temples, and began to panic, it came back after a year- sticking out because it was shorter!

jackeroo Thu 24-Mar-05 22:41:14

mine was mostly at 6 months and soon after started growing back. now at 9 months i have a whole new shorter layer appearing...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now