Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

cough bottles/ remedies

(6 Posts)
hermykne Sat 12-Mar-05 21:10:02

any one got any tips for a cough in my dd, 2 + 5mths, its just started up quite bad as shes gone to sleep, gave her a spoonful of cough mix pre bed, but any old wives tales to help?

up last night from 1-3 intermittedly with the coughing and then had ds to contend with as well.

PuffTheMagicDragon Sat 12-Mar-05 21:16:05

I've put very damp towels on the radiators in the bedroom to keep the atmosphere moist - seems to help.

skerriesmum Sat 12-Mar-05 21:20:07

Hi from Skerries hermykne
Sorry to hear your dd is ill, I've been through this a few times as I've returned to work and ds is in a creche now four days a week and catching every bug going. They say cough bottles don't do a whole lot... have you tried steam or baby Olbas oil? Or tilting the mattress if it's phlegm that's making her cough? I'm sure you'll get more ideas! Am heading to bed now, gearing up for a long night of trying to keep his lordship out of our bed! Hope you have a better night tonight.

hermykne Sat 12-Mar-05 21:20:10

ok thank you

hermykne Sat 12-Mar-05 21:22:17

skerriesmon
i saw you there just now , hope you are all well.
and you are back at work!!
listen when the weather gets better we'll meet up at my mums, some day you are free i'll let you know. the kids can ruin around outside etc etc
take care

skerriesmum Sat 12-Mar-05 21:26:04

We're doing great! I'm off on Fridays, would LOVE to meet up sometime! I still have your email so we'll set it up. Hugs!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now