Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

cold cures!

(10 Posts)
nightowl Sat 12-Mar-05 19:14:20

just cant shift this cold, feel rubbish and need to be up and looking after kids, right now i can barely pick dd up!! not looking for sympathy or being a big wimp, just want to go and make some sort of mind exploding magical brew before i drown in snot!! (sorry) have course monday and first day at work tues and have to sound good on phone lol.

stitch Sat 12-Mar-05 19:34:03

well there are some things that you can do that will help, but not immediately.
take some zinc tablets. apparently your body zinc gets depleted when you are ill. so needs topping up.
take some echinacea. should help you recover.
have some hot lemon and honey drink.
take some vitamin C, oranges or tablets or kiwi fruits
but most importantly, rest rest rest.

mummytosteven Sat 12-Mar-05 19:35:23

rest rest rest would be nice -

agree with honey and lemon
lots of water, and fluids

possibly a decongestant like sudafed if you feel bunged up

lockets Sat 12-Mar-05 19:38:18

Message withdrawn

nightowl Sat 12-Mar-05 19:49:20

whats echinacea (dont laugh!) is that like something from a herbal shop? (am resting on here at the mo, sneaked away while the kids are eating their tea!) oh hang on, think i may have some herbal cold relief tablets somewhere, do they work?

lockets Sat 12-Mar-05 19:54:54

Message withdrawn

Furball Sat 12-Mar-05 19:55:46

highly recommend Day Nurse capsules

stitch Sat 12-Mar-05 22:09:26

you can get echinacea tablets in the vitamin section in supermarkets. ive also tried a tea, which was nice, though i dont think i would buy the tea.
hope you feel better soon

lilsmum Sat 12-Mar-05 22:16:18

cant help you with this cold, but just wanted to share this with you....if any of your family or friends are going to greece at some point, they have these tablets there called comtrex cold (sp?) and they are great, you take one when you start coming down with the cold, and it stops it from developing, you can take 3 a day if it is particulary stubborn but i have only ever needed to take one!!they cost about 30p a packet and can get them in any chemist...cant understand why they dont have them here, where us brits are plagued by colds!!

nightowl Sat 12-Mar-05 22:40:39

ah greece, i love greece. havent been since i was about 14..wish i could go back...eyes all glazed.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now