Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Your training

(16 Posts)
kama Fri 11-Mar-05 22:51:13

Message withdrawn

Arabica Fri 11-Mar-05 23:54:11

Both, depending how busy I am (I work freelance from home). So sometimes I go to the gym when DS is at the childminder and sometimes I go when DH is around and can look after him. They do have a creche but it's rubbish.

suzywong Fri 11-Mar-05 23:58:11

a few sit ups and stretches in the evenings and 20 mins on an exercise machine and an exercise video twice a week

Not enough really

jampots Sat 12-Mar-05 00:01:47

i try and do 2 x 15 mins on a cross trainer 5 times a week. i do it when the kids are at school with MTV blaring out - i either do 15 mins or 5 songs and some of those raps are very very long...

Surfermum Sat 12-Mar-05 00:11:21

Erm... I don't, other than a bit of tap dancing one evening a week when dh is at home. I would find it hard to find the time. I spent years doing swimming training, so I've decided to have a bit of a rest for a couple of years. When dd is in pre-school I'm going to get fit again as I have a surf board that's rusting in the shed.

Arabica Sat 12-Mar-05 00:17:52

What about you, Kama?

kama Sat 12-Mar-05 01:35:28

Message withdrawn

Arabica Sat 12-Mar-05 18:00:42

Sounds like a great idea to have a treadmill at home. Aren't they very noisy though?
I'm trying to regain my health after being ill with asthma during most of January and early Feb, then having a miscarriage. I try and go to the gym every 2-3 days for an hour or so--a mixture of cardio and weights or just the cardio if am in a hurry. Makes me fel good and counteracts some of the comfort-eating I've been doing since the m/c.
Would you like to return to dancing when your dd is older?

Frizbe Sat 12-Mar-05 18:31:29

Aikido 3 x a week at the dojo, keeps you damn fit!

kama Sat 12-Mar-05 19:01:28

Message withdrawn

Potty1 Sat 12-Mar-05 19:08:53

I run 3 times a week, well I'm just getting back into it after my 'Christmas Break' . I really struggle on a treadmill and much prefer the road but the weather has been a bit of an issue. There's a few more of us here , a couple of good runners and some just starting out.

kama Sat 12-Mar-05 19:10:07

Message withdrawn

Potty1 Sat 12-Mar-05 19:18:23

I think its because I can change pace easier, step it up or down, whenever I need to. Also I run with a friend and we gossip (well grunt at each other) so it passes the time. I find the treadmill a bit monotonous even with MTV, the downside to the roads is the weather though, I often look like Nanook of the North lol!

kama Tue 15-Mar-05 15:03:48

Message withdrawn

kama Tue 15-Mar-05 15:05:14

Message withdrawn

kama Tue 15-Mar-05 15:05:52

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: