Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Mears?? Anyone?? Blood in nappy.

(13 Posts)
irishbird Fri 11-Mar-05 17:08:54

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

huggybear Fri 11-Mar-05 17:13:22

im sorry, i dont know anything about childrens health but am bumping this up for you xx

NotQuiteCockney Fri 11-Mar-05 17:15:52

She may just have a tummy bug. Strangely, very bright blood is not as bad a sign as dark old blood - it generally indicates a trauma to the anus/rectum, which is pretty common and not necessarily a big deal - lots of poo might do this.

Obviously, you need to talk to your GP or NHS direct or something, but it doesn't necessarily sound like a big problem. Is there a tummy bug running around in your family?

HappyMumof2 Fri 11-Mar-05 17:37:25

Message withdrawn

irishbird Fri 11-Mar-05 23:13:02

Meggymoo Fri 11-Mar-05 23:27:31

Message withdrawn

singersgirl Sat 12-Mar-05 09:29:50

Hope your DD is getting better. FYI, last weekend both DS's (6 and 3)had some kind of strange tummy bug. DS2 had loose mucusy stuff (sorry!) before bed, and then in the middle of the night, and then a bloody Pull-Up in the morning. Called NHS Direct etc, but he was eating and playing normally and after that his pooh went right back to normal. Nothing else all week. The doc I spoke to said that even mild viral infections could cause colitis and not to worry unless it got worse. But it seemed strange he could have one bloody pooh and then go back to normal without even any more diarrhoea..

BubblesDeVere Sat 12-Mar-05 09:36:14

Irishbird, don't forget to let us know how the little mite is when you get chance.

irishbird Sat 12-Mar-05 11:05:36

LIZS Sat 12-Mar-05 11:33:58

Have they not given you an adhesive bag to collect the sample - you seal it around the front and then poo shouldn't contaminate any sample (I did have a disaster though, didn't fully seal it !). Remove bag , snip corner and then drain into sample pot. Perhaps a pharmacist would stock them or yoru gp surgery if open today ? If they want to monitor her and need more samples, ask the hospital to give you a few.

bundle Sat 12-Mar-05 11:34:42

someone posted on here about putting a clean flannel into the baby's nappy & squeezing it out to get a urine sample..you could do the same i suppose (with marigolds on!)

irishbird Sat 12-Mar-05 20:04:41

HappyMumof2 Sat 12-Mar-05 20:06:46

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now