Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Windier that Windy Miller's windmill !- am I food intolerant?

(5 Posts)
Finbar Fri 11-Mar-05 17:08:06

Help!
Have been suffering from intermittant stomach pains/cramps for the last two weeks. I am burping after everything I eat however large or small ; and the general wind situaion is not a good one!!
Any ideas ? Food intolerant?

Finbar Fri 11-Mar-05 19:53:05

oh well - I'll guess I'll carry on being Mrs Bloaty!!!

fionagib Fri 11-Mar-05 20:53:23

Hi Finbar
I used to get horrible shooting pains in bum area (sorry!) and belly - also serious bloating - and pretty much gave up wheat last summer. Have had no problems in that dept since. Do have the odd slice of bread now but I worked out that I was eating about half a loaf a day! (toast, sarnie, late night toast etc). It has made a huge difference. I'm 40 now and had the belly probs since I was about 19.

I do miss bread but sometimes get hold of splet bread, which seems fine, and also that hefty rye bread which is only edible if toasted. Am oatcake-addicted. Have spelt spagheti or corn pasta instead of your regular stuff. It's really worth trying I think - good luck.

fionagib Fri 11-Mar-05 20:54:42

ps I meant SPELT bread, not SPLET bread! Although it's still wheat it doesn't seem to cause the probs like bloating etc.

SoupDragon Fri 11-Mar-05 20:55:59

"Have spelt spagheti" yes and spelt it incorrectly too.

Boom boom!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now