Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Do hospitals send out letters telling you you haven't responded to non-existant letters...

(3 Posts)
beanieb Mon 03-Nov-08 18:47:47

...just to knock people off their waiting lists?

Just had a letter about a Urology scan I have been waiting for for months telling me I 'should have' received a letter asking me if I still want to remain on the outpatient waiting list shock

I have never had a letter from them about this. I assum now that I am STILL on the waiting list and will have to wait even more months for my appointment.

I might go back to my doctor and complain of excrutiating pain just to get a flipping appointment!

themoon666 Mon 03-Nov-08 18:50:26

Never assume. Ring up the urology department or, better still, the consultant's secretary if you know the name of the consulant. Tell her what has happened and can she look you up on the system to see how near to being seen you are.

I'm a consultant's secretary and I prefer patients to ring and chat to me if they are worried or unsure. Rather that than not turn up.

beanieb Mon 03-Nov-08 18:55:30

Oh - I will turn up. I really want to know what is happening to my Kidneys! I am just annoyed by the letter. I will call them tomorrow. Sorry - was ranting a bit!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now