Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Anyone else get palpatations/missed beats/or pounding heart every day most of day ?

(8 Posts)
fakeblonde Mon 03-Nov-08 13:58:18

My heart misses a beat at least a couple of times every minute, and although i know this to be perfectly normal its gone on for weeks now.
Sometimes it doesn`t happen when i first wake up but as soon as i do anthing off it goes.
Today my heart isn`t beating really fast but its pounding.
This happened when i was having a thyroid problem before but my throid results were ok last time ?

RedSparklersOnHerHead Mon 03-Nov-08 14:00:55

I used to get it when i was going through a spate of panic attacks.

Book another appointment with your GP.

fakeblonde Mon 03-Nov-08 14:02:48

Did you just want to lie still or sleep ?
I find i want to go and lie down all the time ?

CatMandu Mon 03-Nov-08 14:04:49

Sounds like thyroid to me, I'd go back to gp.

SubRosa Mon 03-Nov-08 23:13:17

Get it checked, it's most likely thyroid, but sometimes infections can make your heart race/pound heavily.

fortyplus Mon 03-Nov-08 23:24:25

Can be all sorts of things - most likely stress/caffeine/alcohol/pre-menopausal symptoms (if you're the right age) or a combination of these

blinks Tue 04-Nov-08 00:04:47

i got this loads when pregnant and after giving birth...

lisad123 Tue 04-Nov-08 00:07:09

i get it a fair amount but i have consant tacicardiar (sp?) lots of tests but no reason for it. I would go back to GP

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now