Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

right,well i'm 18st 6 and only 5ft 1...i know,i know it's BAD...so,if nobody minds,i'm gonna publish my weight every DAY on here.

(33 Posts)
eighteenstonesix Sun 02-Nov-08 09:20:28

if you care to join me,please feel free...maybe if I have to check-in here it'll FORCE me to stop eating/drinking CRAP!
Don't be too harsh though smile

eighteenstonesix Sun 02-Nov-08 09:21:15

btw,i'm a regular on mumsnet.just don't wanna be recognised.

lissielouisscaredofthedark Sun 02-Nov-08 09:22:52

have you been to your gp? they can test for intolerances/loo at your diet etc

eighteenstonesix Sun 02-Nov-08 09:24:59

sorry,what do you mean by loo? (or is that obvious grin

guyFAwkesreQuiem Sun 02-Nov-08 09:25:30

why not try and do slightly longer gaps between weighing - perhaps 3/4 days (so say twice a week)? - it is possible (in my extremely limited mind) that you may not notice a difference on a day to day basis.

Perhaps on the days you're not signing in to post your weight you could post what you've eaten - so you can see whether you're eating better or not.

Good luck smile

guyFAwkesreQuiem Sun 02-Nov-08 09:26:07

I think she means look but missed the k off grin

lissielouisscaredofthedark Sun 02-Nov-08 09:27:07

blush i did, sorry!

eighteenstonesix Sun 02-Nov-08 09:29:14

oh how stupid am i blush
anyway,yes,i did go to the docs.he told me i needed to have a "business meeting" with myself!!!

eighteenstonesix Sun 02-Nov-08 09:30:11

So this could be my daily/weekly business meeting on here couldn't it?

lissielouisscaredofthedark Sun 02-Nov-08 09:34:33

definately.

guyFAwkesreQuiem Sun 02-Nov-08 09:36:56

yes - you could have a "meeting" every day to look at your food/drink intake, and then a once or twice a week "appraisal" where you do a weigh-in smile

eighteenstonesix Sun 02-Nov-08 09:43:20

OK!
well,i'm off swimming in an hour or so with the kids so that's got to go in my favour hasn't it?smile
cheers guys...look forward to your support in the future.

lissielouisscaredofthedark Sun 02-Nov-08 09:45:38

no worries, ive always found a food diary really helpful. its good to see your intake in words, makes it more real.

thesockmonsterofdoom Sun 02-Nov-08 09:46:40

I think it is a great idea, I do think you should give yourself a few days between weigh ins though. good lucj and enjoy your swim.

akhems Sun 02-Nov-08 09:48:23

www.fitday.com is a really useful site to keep track of things

I started this year at 25 stone 4 gulp - you can do it!! just slow and steady will win the race x

eighteenstonesix Sun 02-Nov-08 14:02:03

hi akhems....how much have you lost so far...if you don't mind me asking?

grunjle Sun 02-Nov-08 14:07:08

tell us what you currently eat and we will look at ways of changing your diet without you starving yourself - which will not help you in the longer term IYSWIM

tkband3 Sun 02-Nov-08 14:12:34

As others have suggested, it's best not to weigh yourself daily, but leave as long as you can between weigh-ins. Weekly would be best - treat us like your very own slimming club like weightwatchers or slimming world grin.

Have you thought about joining a group like slimming world? I need to get back there at the moment, but I lost 2 stone with them leading up to my wedding.

mamalovesmojitos Sun 02-Nov-08 14:17:01

food diary all the way. it is scary how much i unconsciously eat. good luck!

eighteenstonesix Sun 02-Nov-08 18:15:17

omg...don't think i could possibly tell everyone my food habits grin and my drinking habits double grin.i'm more of a calorie counter....i know,i know it's probably why i'm so fat in the first place.
i was a chubby kid who had to diet from about 8 yrs old.started counting calories and was actually very slim from about 11 onwards until i was about 26.Got married,had kids and basically let myself go really.blush

Majeika Sun 02-Nov-08 18:18:52

imo losing weight is about your mind and not calorie counting.

You have to be in the 'weightloss zone' and be really pysched into doing it.

we can help you with that though as long as you are in the 'zone'..........smile

cheekysealion Sun 02-Nov-08 18:20:52

I am going to be making a massive effort to lose weight i am 15 something - will weigh tomorrow, at my heaviest was 17.6

Mercy Sun 02-Nov-08 18:28:03

It may seem a bit strange for me to post on your thread but I'm a couple of inches taller than you but I am underweight.

If it would be of any use to you to post what/how much I eat then we could at least compare notes if nothing else.

Good luck smile

cheekysealion Sun 02-Nov-08 19:26:06

i would find that really helpfuk in the op agreed as it is her thread smile

mamadiva Sun 02-Nov-08 19:29:46

I'll do it too but weekly if you want. I need people to recognise me so no name change coz if I'm annonymous I know I won't care IYKWIM.

Maybe do a daily food diary too will do that happily...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now