Talk

Advanced search

do you have alcohol to help when you are ill?

(8 Posts)
BBBee Sat 01-Nov-08 17:13:43

a brandy or a hot toddy or anything or is it a bad ill.

i want a nice warm encompassing feeling.

BBBee Sat 01-Nov-08 17:14:09

"idea" not "ill"

MamaG Sat 01-Nov-08 17:15:04

I think a drop of brandy/whiskey will do you good. Hot water, honey, lemon juice and a drop of brandy or whiskey will make you feel all warm and glowy

LadyOfRoffle Sat 01-Nov-08 17:15:36

mum gave me hot toddys from very young shock[hhic]

filthymindedSixSixSixen Sat 01-Nov-08 17:16:32

well, you could get some Greens ginger cordial and make a fake one which tastes like it ought be alcoholic...

I think drinking when ill does supress immune system more, but having said that, i do swear by a proper hot toddy with whiskey when I am full of cold. I'm sure whiskey kills 100 per cent of all known germs dead. and helps me sleep grin

MorticiaDoom Sat 01-Nov-08 17:17:06

Hot water, honey, lemon, grated ginger, chili and a generous slug of whisky chases all colds away! Am currently beating a chest infection this way. My grandma used to swear by hot milk with brandy if you were under the weather or couldn't sleep. I loved staying the night there when I was a kid!

BBBee Sat 01-Nov-08 17:20:24

"ideal" not "idea"

<doh>

tilliedog Tue 21-Dec-10 17:04:06

Where can I buy Greens Ginger Cordial, have not seen this for donkeys years, can remember having this at Xmas when I was a child.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: