Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

do you have alcohol to help when you are ill?

(8 Posts)
BBBee Sat 01-Nov-08 17:13:43

a brandy or a hot toddy or anything or is it a bad ill.

i want a nice warm encompassing feeling.

BBBee Sat 01-Nov-08 17:14:09

"idea" not "ill"

MamaG Sat 01-Nov-08 17:15:04

I think a drop of brandy/whiskey will do you good. Hot water, honey, lemon juice and a drop of brandy or whiskey will make you feel all warm and glowy

LadyOfRoffle Sat 01-Nov-08 17:15:36

mum gave me hot toddys from very young shock[hhic]

filthymindedSixSixSixen Sat 01-Nov-08 17:16:32

well, you could get some Greens ginger cordial and make a fake one which tastes like it ought be alcoholic...

I think drinking when ill does supress immune system more, but having said that, i do swear by a proper hot toddy with whiskey when I am full of cold. I'm sure whiskey kills 100 per cent of all known germs dead. and helps me sleep grin

MorticiaDoom Sat 01-Nov-08 17:17:06

Hot water, honey, lemon, grated ginger, chili and a generous slug of whisky chases all colds away! Am currently beating a chest infection this way. My grandma used to swear by hot milk with brandy if you were under the weather or couldn't sleep. I loved staying the night there when I was a kid!

BBBee Sat 01-Nov-08 17:20:24

"ideal" not "idea"

<doh>

tilliedog Tue 21-Dec-10 17:04:06

Where can I buy Greens Ginger Cordial, have not seen this for donkeys years, can remember having this at Xmas when I was a child.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now