Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

do you know what i hate about life after transplant? its not knowing if dh has a simple cold or if its more sinister reason for him feeling unwell

(10 Posts)
misdee Thu 30-Oct-08 14:35:46

he feels 'off'; again. he has been feeling rundown, and a bit 'flu-ey' for a little while. we are waiting on the results of some blood tests to see if its a heart transplant issue, or just a cold.

MamaG Thu 30-Oct-08 14:36:42

thats shit for you.

Most of us will come on here and moan about our DH's man-flu in a lighthearted way.

misdee Thu 30-Oct-08 14:38:28

i moan at him for man-flu as well wink

he is upstairs atm, removing some tiles from the wall from babys room so i can paint this afternoon. his hands feel all tingly again. could be tacrolimus levels again [sigh]

MamaG Thu 30-Oct-08 14:41:55

hope it is just man flu misdee

I'm going to go and clean the cot, dismantle it and move it into our bedroom and make it up ready for baby

Saggarmakersbottomknocker Fri 31-Oct-08 09:16:41

Hope he's OK misdee. He was put on earth to give you worry [and babies] smile

I saw a picture of him on Tuesday - I was in the Heart Unit with dd and there was a magazine (BHF one I think) and there he was with his LVAD on the inside front cover. He looked crap frankly, IYKWIM.

MamaG Fri 31-Oct-08 09:23:56

How is he today misdee?

CharleeInChains Fri 31-Oct-08 09:25:34

I am really hoping it's just a touch of the 'man flu'

DS hasn't had a transplant but you know what he's got and im always thinking 'is this a serious infection growing or just a cold?'

It's draining.

Hug's for you and i hope everything is ok. smile

ILikeToScareYouScareYou Fri 31-Oct-08 09:29:53

I hope he's ok Misdee. Remember you're all still getting used to life post trsnsplant. Once stuff like this happens a few times, you'll be pro's and a bit more relaxed about it.

If you've had your heating on full blast this week, remember to get P to drink a bit more as it can make you a wee bit dehydrated.

I hope you've got your blood test results back by now and some questions answered xxx

PsychoAxeMurdererMum Fri 31-Oct-08 09:40:01

there are some weird virus's going around tho at the mo.

MY DH has been feeling 'off' and 'crap' now for weeks........and he is otherwise fine and healthy.

I am beginning to wonder if he has hit the male menopause thohmmwink.

I hope peter is just suffering from manflu.

how exciting doing up the nursery tho for the babygrin

Peachy Fri 31-Oct-08 09:43:21

I agree there are some strange viruses atm- have had one I can't shift for weeks and I usually have the constituion (and physique.... and bizarrely birth year!) of an ox.

I know it doesnt even touch on the level of fear you have but I know Dh only has to have a down day and Im panickingt hat its the depression coming abck and he'll be unable to work by the end of the week- I cant even begin to imagine being in your shoes

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: