Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Hayfever (groan)

(8 Posts)
biglips Thu 10-Mar-05 11:53:48

ive got it since last friday when i went to Aquafit and when i came out of the leisure centre my sinus started to kick off and ive had it since and a few people starting to get it too..

does hayfever make you tired? as im knackered since last friday

northerner Thu 10-Mar-05 11:58:46

Yes hayfever does make you tired, and makes you feel like s**t.

I'm a sufferrer too, but my symptoms don't start till May time.

biglips Thu 10-Mar-05 12:03:02

i havent been outside yet but i have got my bedroom window open upstairs and door open too, can the pollen come in the house with just the window open?

mummytosteven Thu 10-Mar-05 12:04:52

i've felt a bit sored eyed/sore nosed on and off for the last week or two

i'm not too bad with grass - more flowers that set me off!

northerner Thu 10-Mar-05 12:07:03

Yes pollen comes in open windows. The advice is to close all windows and doors (esp at night), wear shades when outside and don't hang your washing out!

If you ahve pets they bring it in also.

shrub Thu 10-Mar-05 12:12:51

i've had hayfever for about 18 years and have tried everything from steriod injections to acupuncture. the only thing that i have found works and isn't expensive is by bioforce and its called luffa complex (tincture/drops) its derived from a plant, tastes very stange but found it works instantly. you can use it while pregnant and breastfeeding. also use a plant or small water spray you can buy in chemist and i keep that with me and spray room/car etc. to wash the pollen away plus put vasaline or equivalent up nose by coating the inside so pollen gets stuck and/or nose saline spray to wash pollen away. failing all the above have shower, wash hair and change clothes

biglips Thu 10-Mar-05 12:15:38

and also my nose is sssoooo itchy ! (i dont get hayfever every year though - strange! as i remember that i had hayfever 4 yrs in a row then no hayfever for 3 years in a row)

SeaShells Thu 10-Mar-05 12:21:51

My DP gets hayfever really badly, he puts a tiny bit of vaseline in the corner of his eyes and up his nose, as it works as a barrier and blocks the pollen from getting in. It's about the only thing that works for him, none of the hayfever allergy pills or sprays or anything make any difference.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now